Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

Alpine fishing?

Headed up Friday morning for a long weekend. Planning on Luna, big lake, Nelson’s, and black river if time allows. How’s it been up there? Looking for secret spots and honey holes only! None of this third party garbage! Give me actual info! Haha!!! Or don’t, I’ll take bull $hit too!

• Like 1

I was up there poking around this weekend. Everything is probably pretty fished out based on the amount of people at all the lakes. 

• Like 2

This time of year I don’t even mess with the lakes. I usually pay the WMAT and hit some streams with ultra light rod and ︅line, a few varieties of small jigs and bead head woolies and have a ball. White river back behind Horseshoe and McCoy’s crossing are pretty good spots for catching Apaches. Might be further than you want to go coming from Alpine though

Big lake was dead before the fourth.... i was fishing from the bank ...but it was being stocked on Saturday... the day I left.  And only caught two little stockers on the black but was a great trip.

I took a pile of kids to one of the body's of water you mentioned over the weekend. Every kid limited out rather quick. Daughter caught a 21 inch rainbow. We absolutely slayed em. Kept everybody's limits and threw tons back. Every other group we talked to hadn't caught anything. Tiny hooks, power bait, and 2 ft leader and you'll smash em. 

• Like 2

Christmas tree lake... Not sure of regulations cuz last time I fished it was close to 30 years ago. My brother Chuck and I thought we were in heaven. It's definitely worth checking into. Either way let us know how it goes.

This was last fall at Hawley. Tied on like a no.10 woolly behind a clear bobber for her. After about 15 mins of fishing she disappeared, came back in a few with a grasshopper and threaded him on the hook of that woolly worm alive and chucked it out there, 20 seconds and boom. That was cool! We caught a few others that day doing that. Pretty fun way of catching em!

64CAF93A-4613-4DFE-8442-43B3B0CA9199.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Wow! 2

50 minutes ago, creed_az_88 said:

I like trout for dinner. Or breakfast. How are you cooking them? And that case knife is old school. Congrats