Sign in to follow this  
SwarovskiCoues

46be

IMG_6009.thumb.jpeg.ef8007bbaa4dbff4a2a8d8f8deca2679.jpeg

Patiently waiting for CC hits....who applied for the Cabeza? Cant wait to see who drew for the next adventure chasing Sheep.

• Like 7

29th year applying for that hunt, fingers crossed for this year. Disappointed to see it go to 4 tags last year.

Great Ram and video, Congrats

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

1 hour ago, jbone said:

29th year applying for that hunt, fingers crossed for this year. Disappointed to see it go to 4 tags last year.

Surely this is your year. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jbone said:

tons of rams in the unit. i myself passed on twenty until I found a older heavy ram. in a matter of six days. 

Maybe I missed it, but did not see or hear age mentioned.  Looks like maybe a 9 y.o.?  Those reddish-stained horns show a lot of character.  Congratulations on a great hunt.  You guys did everything right.  How did you handle water drops?  Air charter?  Mules?  Crazy to be so far back in designated wilderness and see roads all over.

25 minutes ago, forepaw said:

Maybe I missed it, but did not see or hear age mentioned.  Looks like maybe a 9 y.o.?  Those reddish-stained horns show a lot of character.  Congratulations on a great hunt.  You guys did everything right.  How did you handle water drops?  Air charter?  Mules?  Crazy to be so far back in designated wilderness and see roads all over.

Yes nine year old ram and 163 gross broomed on both horns. 15' bases with a tight curl. He was the lead ram of seven total, they pranced around following him up the mountain. Every now and then the younger rams would smash heads. Such an awesome experience. Couldn't ask for a better sheep, can't wait to get him back from taxidermist! Really hard to see his rings because of the red horns like you said. I had a friend take in the water for me, helicopter would of made it easier on him im sure LOL. Yeah it was a trip with the roads every 20 yards dang near. But that makes it better, we earned him as a team with heavy packs marching south!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, forepaw said:

Looks like 7 year old 161 4/8" posted on the Game and Fish harvest report.

Shows a 6 year old, 2- 7 year old rams and a 9 year old harvested last year. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jbone said:

Looks like 7 year old 161 4/8" posted on the Game and Fish harvest report.

Shows a 6 year old, 2- 7 year old rams and a 9 year old harvested last year. 

yeah he netted 161 4/8. game an fish counted themselves 7 rings so dustin thought he was 8. personally think he's 9 as well as my buddies that outfit sheep but can't barely make out rings with his horns being so dark. who knows. either way 8-9 years of age isn't a bad.