Sign in to follow this  
Redman

3B Tag Holders -

Any fellow CWT members have a 3B tag this year (or past)?

I have a ML tag - haven't gotten out as much as I would like too,  was out this last weekend going again in 2 weeks.  Anyone seeing anything good?   I haven't seen anything huge, but this being my first tag ( I had 22 BP), not really sure what I am looking at...😀

I wouldn’t be expecting “huge” in 3b. But there’s gotta be a couple decent ones. Could check around Ortega, go knock on that ranchers door off bourdon right before you get to Taylor. He’s always got a couple rutting bucks out there. 

• Like 1

I saw 7 different bucks on Sunday……best one was a 79-80” type buck.  It was the nicest one I’ve seen in that unit for a few years now.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, BOHNTR said:

I saw 7 different bucks on Sunday……best one was a 79-80” type buck.  It was the nicest one I’ve seen in that unit for a few years now.  

That is good to hear!  

We found this buck 2 months from opening day, then we found him a month later in the same spot.  Night before the hunt he was back. Opening morning we had a little trouble finding him, coyotes were chasing the herd all around, one lone doe seemed to be following us, then she started running and 23 ears and 1 set of horns appeared over a knoll- dropped then crawled about 50 yds, an old ant hill provided a shooting lane without grass in the way.   Shot was at 7:01 am - hunt over.

I don't now much about antelope - I am very fortunate to have good friends help me - The hot scouting trips and helping the day of the hunt.  Also appreciate all the help CWT members shared and offered!

Great time- need some draw luck to have another tag in AZ- can't wait for Wyoming / Utah and New Mexico someday. 

5EC703F0-A28C-465D-9091-D2463C0E2E51.jpeg

29585E2F-3B71-44CA-BFD0-A3A357D5B7E8.jpeg

• Like 22
  • Great Buck! 1

Very nice buck. Any frontal pics?   For what it’s worth imho, leave the weapon out of your photos. Detracts from you and the animal.

Bear Down!

• Like 2