Edge

Parking on State Land

16 hours ago, NOTAGS said:

The big pain in the  arse is having to deal with the citation . Send  those overachievers over to New River road to cleanup the squatters

Some will see it...

634544491_07132211082.thumb.jpg.e5eaf9cc883ff9ac941a73b6ddbbd7c5.jpg

6 hours ago, Newbie2012 said:

My brother got checked on a dove hunt a couple years ago. We don't hunt ag fields. We have a few desert tanks on State Trust land we like to hunt. Anyways, he went out one morning while I was at work. Said a Pinal County Sheriff paid him a visit, verified that he was hunting(saw dead dove in my brother's possession) and went about his way. lol 

All the years, that's the only time we've been checked on ST lands 

Funny when I’ve seen this happen in Tucson the officer was more concerned with distance from nearby houses and responding to noise/shooting complaint. No mention of State Trust permit. Although I guess the determination was made that active hunting was happening. 

3 hours ago, AZBIG10 said:

Would be nice if they would break up those small towns/ Rv camping areas. They are overrun out past queen valley and around canyon lake for months on end

Same thing in n. Peoria around pleasant 

• Like 2

Your hunting license is a permit to use state land, but you have to be actively hunting, just having it doesnt count. SLD does not have an enforcement arm they contracts with individual county Sheriff Dept for enforcement, so if they dont have an agreement with the county you are in it probably isnt going to be enforced. G&F can also, but usually, at least in the past doesn't.  If you are worried about being hassled just by the permit. I bought one every year so I could walk on a state section across the street from my house in Yuma, took 5 minutes on the net. It was $20.00 a year. Whats the big deal?

2 hours ago, NE AZ Guy said:

Your hunting license is a permit to use state land, but you have to be actively hunting, just having it doesnt count. SLD does not have an enforcement arm they contracts with individual county Sheriff Dept for enforcement, so if they dont have an agreement with the county you are in it probably isnt going to be enforced. G&F can also, but usually, at least in the past doesn't.  If you are worried about being hassled just by the permit. I bought one every year so I could walk on a state section across the street from my house in Yuma, took 5 minutes on the net. It was $20.00 a year. Whats the big deal?

Tell us something we don't know. Nobody said anything about it being a Big Deal. Carry On Newb.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Tell us something we don't know. Nobody said anything about it being a Big Deal. Carry On Newb.

If I have to explain (again) he still won't understand.

36 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Just trying to clarify a couple points, based on questions I always received on SL. If you knew all that great, but you must understand not everybody is as smart as you. Also, thanks for the label Newb, I am usually referred to as Oldb.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bigorange said:

Funny when I’ve seen this happen in Tucson the officer was more concerned with distance from nearby houses and responding to noise/shooting complaint. No mention of State Trust permit. Although I guess the determination was made that active hunting was happening. 

No house within 5+ miles. Just desert. The tanks, about a 1/2 mile in, can be seen from the main hwy that passes by and one can clearly see if a truck is parked there or not. Maybe the deputy was having a slow day. Lol

• Like 1

I received a citation when we were coues hunting. I called in and explained i was hunting. They dropped the ticket over the phone for me. They said in the future to just leave a note in the parked vehicle window that i was hunting and they wouldn't mess with a future ticket when they see the note..

• Like 1

The only real issue in 36a is the number of people that come out to target shoot on State Trust land.

When you point out that its illegal they get pissed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, peckl1 said:

The only real issue in 36a is the number of people that come out to target shoot on State Trust land.

When you point out that its illegal they get pissed.

Try telling the cyclists around Tucson that you are legally hunting and they are required to have a permit to be there.