Chef

Where's the best hand tossed pizza in Arizona?

Cibo is definitely on the list. I hadn't been there either, looking forward to it.

*Similar experiences at Bianco.  The waiting room next door is where they get ya!

11 hours ago, n2horns said:

Pizza on a brick is key, conveyor never will be as good.  fast yes, but I like Biancos, Florencia Pizza Bistro in Ahwahtukee, Grimaldis, Vero/Buddys (butter crust thick).  Like mine cooked a tad crispy too.  Old school cheese or pepperoni, but a nice sausage, onion and garlic hits the spot.

100% - on brick with some crisp. Pizza stone works pretty well if you're doing it from home too. 

Probably Pizzeria Bianco.  I tried waiting there a few different times and lost patience.  I just can’t wait that long to sit at a Restaurant.  I know a wait is expected anywhere you go in the evenings an I’m okay with up to maybe 40 minutes, but longer is a out and out waste of time.  One time, I had family go there and asked them to bring me back some.  It was good, but not to die for.  I remember they wouldn’t make a pepperoni pizza and I thought that was very unusual. They were good at making designer pizzas with about 4 globs of that special cheese on it that everyone on tv says you should like. Arizona just doesn’t have good pizza.  You will need to go to Detroit for that.  Most people like thin crust anymore or the deep dish that is square. About the only thing that will come close I found is Jett’s Pizza and they have 2 or 3 in the valley and they might have hand tossed and if they do, I bet it would be as good as anywhere.

2 hours ago, Saguaro said:

Probably Pizzeria Bianco.  I tried waiting there a few different times and lost patience.  I just can’t wait that long to sit at a Restaurant.  I know a wait is expected anywhere you go in the evenings an I’m okay with up to maybe 40 minutes, but longer is a out and out waste of time.  One time, I had family go there and asked them to bring me back some.  It was good, but not to die for.  I remember they wouldn’t make a pepperoni pizza and I thought that was very unusual. They were good at making designer pizzas with about 4 globs of that special cheese on it that everyone on tv says you should like. Arizona just doesn’t have good pizza.  You will need to go to Detroit for that.  Most people like thin crust anymore or the deep dish that is square. About the only thing that will come close I found is Jett’s Pizza and they have 2 or 3 in the valley and they might have hand tossed and if they do, I bet it would be as good as anywhere.

i have to disagree with the statement that az doesn't have good pizza, i'm from italy and bianco and cibo and also pomo are as genuine as they come, if you grew up eating a certain type of pizza maybe you will not like real pizza like is made in italy.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, maximus said:

i have to disagree with the statement that az doesn't have good pizza, i'm from italy and bianco and cibo and also pomo are as genuine as they come, if you grew up eating a certain type of pizza maybe you will not like real pizza like is made in italy.

Ok.  Three in the whole state.  You would be surprised what Detroit can do.  Someone from Italy like yourself probably find over a dozen places that meet your requirements over there.  Pizza is hard to dislike.  Even a bad pizza is still ok with me.  I’m not too picky when it comes to pizza.  I’m very picky with Mexican food which we have plenty of good places.  It’s geography.  We just don’t have a lot of  good Pizza or Seafood.  At least nothing like our Mexican food.  You can go to any small or large town and find real good Mexican food.  Try asking who has the best Mexican food in Globe and see what kind of response you get.  Then ask where the best pizza there is.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Saguaro said:

....Pizza is hard to dislike.  Even a bad pizza is still ok with me.  I’m not too picky when it comes to pizza....

For me, it's disheartening when paying for and experiencing a bad pizza, bad BBQ, or a bad steak.

16 hours ago, Chef said:

I sure miss a good slice.

Hand tossed, NY style, crispy (yet pliable) crust, with flavorful tomato sauce and high quality mozzarella cheese.

I like my pizza like Portnoy likes his pizza.

*Bonus for pizza joints that use Grande cheese.

Ever have a slice at Upper Crust in Tucson?  Then you feel me.

Post up what you've got, I will probably try them all.

So is Upper Crust good Pizza ? If yes , i will try it next Tucson trip .

Thanks

1 minute ago, dtower said:

So is Upper Crust good Pizza ? If yes , i will try it next Tucson trip .

Thanks

They are hand tossed and fired in a pizza oven and they use good cheese.

I prefer the pre-made slices.  they'll put them in the oven to finish and they'll get that nice crust at the bottom.

I almost decided to work in Tucson today as I was Jonesing for it.  Opted to head to Sal's in Gilbert last night instead... was disappointed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chef said:

For me, it's disheartening when paying for and experiencing a bad pizza, bad BBQ, or a bad steak.

Like I said, pizza for me is ok anyway.  Honestly it’s kind of boring and like you said disheartening from the start.  I’m no longer excited about pizza anyway and haven’t been for a while.  Part of me expects it to be bland from the beginning but it’s never so bad I can’t handle it.  If it’s too bad, it’s easier for me to forget it.  I love Italian food, but I would rather get something else Italian than a pizza.  I get real disheartened when I’m around a bad taco or beans, even a tortillia that’s not up to par can really bother me like you are talking.  I guess it’s 43years of hanging out with, dating, and getting invited over for supper with different Mexicans has made me very picky of what’s good out there.  Rarely is pizza talked about any more but we still talk about items like Tortas, Pasole and Tamales.   When I’m other places that are known for having good Pizza, then I will take notice and be serious about where I get my pizza.

Chef, if you have bad pizza is only $15.00 , bad steak is $ 65.00 that really will pissed me off, lol

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, bojangles said:

plus 1!!!!

They do make a good pizza. The only thing I don't like about is the waiting.