Chef

Where's the best hand tossed pizza in Arizona?

2 hours ago, PRDATR said:

I have a customer that does a few big mechanical projects every few years and did a Contractor Appreciation Day a few years ago. The new Construction PM ordered a bunch of Pizzas from them. I really like the no gluten pizza and they also had a few with anchovies.

I went to one by Bass Pro before it closed and took my two sisters while they were in town and ordered a pizza for myself. When it came out they cut it up in squares like browines. I chewed a little butt and sent it back and had them remake it and cut it into proper slices like a napoletana pizza should be. I'm ok with square pizza but it has to be Sicilian style. I had a great one in the mid 80's in Tucson, Ray's? It actually was a wheat crust but was light and crunchy like a Sicilian pie I grew up with.

“Argenziano's” believe this used to be Rays? His son Dominick is a member here “buffhunter” there food is great! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

“Argenziano's” believe this used to be Rays? His son Dominick is a member here “buffhunter” there food is great! 

I grew up on Ray's pizza back in the mid 80's. He had a place in Tucson bowl across the street from Palo Verde high school. Heck of a great guy and a dang good pizza. Maybe Dominick can chime in on his father's pizza.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2022 at 9:17 PM, n2horns said:

Pizza on a brick is key, conveyor never will be as good.  .... Florencia Pizza Bistro in Ahwahtukee,....

I gave Florencia Pizza Bistro a run this evening.  Thank you for the recommendation.

I ordered an extra cheese pizza and it was cooked on stone, a big win as it gives that stone crust char flavor that I love.

The pizza crust had nice consistency although I'll order "well done" to get to my taste next run.

The cheese was very good and I liked how they sprinkled the pizza with a touch of oregano.  The sauce was a little too sweet for me, I prefer a savory sauce.

I enjoyed it and I would go back.  If you're close to Ahwahtukee, give them a shot.

pizza.jpg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chef said:

I gave Florencia Pizza Bistro a run this evening.  Thank you for the recommendation.

I ordered an extra cheese pizza and it was cooked on stone, a big win as it gives that stone crust char flavor that I love.

The pizza crust had nice consistency although I'll order "well done" to get to my taste next run.

The cheese was very good and I liked how they sprinkled the pizza with a touch of oregano.  The sauce was a little too sweet for me, I prefer a savory sauce.

I enjoyed it and I would go back.  If you're close to Ahwahtukee, give them a shot.

pizza.jpg

Florencia is good, decent bar to sit at whlile waiting 

Fat Olive in Flagstaff

We make pizza and pasta in Tusaian

freak bros pizza

Beaver street Brewery in Flag

Home made in fired pizza oven over peacon wood

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Fat Olive in Flagstaff

freak bros pizza

Fat olives in flagstaff is exceptional, truly napolitan pizza.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Fat Olive in Flagstaff

freak bros pizza

I've tried about every place in flag. Nimarcos is still my favorite.  Grand canyon brewery in Williams has pretty good pizza. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I for one, love the new direction this forum is taking. 

do we do strip clubs, sandwiches, tanning boots, gun shops next?

26 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I for one, love the new direction this forum is taking. 

If you mean "classifieds" ...add me to your sarcastic quip.

53 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

id rather see pizza than most things posted here

I'm pretty sure "hand tossed" got your attention.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4