Chef

Where's the best hand tossed pizza in Arizona?

On 7/13/2022 at 12:27 PM, Chef said:

They are hand tossed and fired in a pizza oven and they use good cheese.

I prefer the pre-made slices.  they'll put them in the oven to finish and they'll get that nice crust at the bottom.

I almost decided to work in Tucson today as I was Jonesing for it.  Opted to head to Sal's in Gilbert last night instead... was disappointed.

I tried Upper Crust tonight , very good . Slice was very large ! Very Good . Thanks !

• Like 1

My kid and I were in Surprise for a baseball tourney in June.  Lucky’s Pizza and wings were delicious.  Best I have had in AZ, by far.  And I am an Original Ray’s Pizza fanboy (for the non-NYers amongst us, go once in your life if you can).  

• Like 2

On 7/13/2022 at 4:32 PM, PRDATR said:

I have a customer that does a few big mechanical projects every few years and did a Contractor Appreciation Day a few years ago. The new Construction PM ordered a bunch of Pizzas from them. I really like the no gluten pizza and they also had a few with anchovies.

I went to one by Bass Pro before it closed and took my two sisters while they were in town and ordered a pizza for myself. When it came out they cut it up in squares like browines. I chewed a little butt and sent it back and had them remake it and cut it into proper slices like a napoletana pizza should be. I'm ok with square pizza but it has to be Sicilian style. I had a great one in the mid 80's in Tucson, Ray's? It actually was a wheat crust but was light and crunchy like a Sicilian pie I grew up with.

Chris, you have had a lot of weird takes over the years, but sending a pizza back because of geometry of slices is not worth the spit and pubes you ingested buddy. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, HyNoon said:

Don't  think this place has been mentioned .. but Babbo Italian restaurant had a pretty good pizza last night.

And this guy knows about tossing salad, and pizza too. I assume anyways!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Chris, you have had a lot of weird takes over the years, but sending a pizza back because of geometry of slices is not worth the spit and pubes you ingested buddy. 

Not everyone likes the same toppings on their pizza.  

• Haha 1

Chef,

This is Cibo.

First is appetizer: Burrata with prosciutto, pizza's are Margherita and sausage pizza.

IMG_2389(2).jpg

IMG_2391(2).jpg

IMG_2390(2).jpg

• Love 1
  • Wow! 1

Maximus!

That looks like it's right up my alley.  Thanks for taking the pics.

How was the prosciutto?  I absolutely love the prosciutto at Olive & Ivy.  Just melts on the palate.

Couple friends and I went to Grimaldi's yesterday.

Margherita pizza was great, (comparable to my first visit there)

I just can't get over the plain tomato sauce they use.

Big Daddy's - Tonto Basin

I highly recommend the Picture Mountain, with a pitcher of Amber Bock.

Big Daddy's Pie.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1

1 hour ago, Chef said:

Maximus!

That looks like it's right up my alley.  Thanks for taking the pics.

How was the prosciutto?  I absolutely love the prosciutto at Olive & Ivy.  Just melts on the palate.

Couple friends and I went to Grimaldi's yesterday.

Margherita pizza was great, (comparable to my first visit there)

I just can't get over the plain tomato sauce they use.

Prosciutto was good, everything is good there

grimaldi is great in my opinion 

Both of the pizzas in the last two posts look great, maximus and RNGRDOG!

Hector, I'm VERY close to Grimaldi's (Old Town)!  Text me sometime when you're in the mood for pizza!  I'll buy and we can catch-up! ;) 

• Like 1

Big Daddy’s looks good.  Cibo does too, but I think they left a lot of the pizza makin ingredients off of their pizza.  They left out a good 1 3/4” of cheese and other items off of the edge.  No big deal, still looks good, everyone makes mistakes and it would be something to ask for on the next order with them.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Saguaro said:

Cibo does too, but I think they left a lot of the pizza makin ingredients off of their pizza.  They left out a good 1 3/4” of cheese and other items off of the edge.  No big deal, still looks good, everyone makes mistakes and it would be something to ask for on the next order with them.

Yeah, looks nothing like the hype on their website. https://www.cibophoenix.com/

Strange how quality gets overlooked when  recognition comes and profits grow to the extent the staff justs wants a paycheck and quality control goes out the window when the basics are still there.