Chef

Where's the best hand tossed pizza in Arizona?

2 hours ago, PRDATR said:

Yeah, looks nothing like the hype on their website. https://www.cibophoenix.com/

Strange how quality gets overlooked when  recognition comes and profits grow to the extent the staff justs wants a paycheck and quality control goes out the window when the basics are still there.

do you understand traditional and genuine italian Pizza? doesnt look like you do from your comments, i'm sure that you like those load up pizzas that you can even taste anything but the cheese.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, maximus said:

do you understand traditional and genuine italian Pizza? doesnt look like you do from your comments, i'm sure that you like those load up pizzas that you can even taste anything but the cheese.

I like both. Dirty greasy “pizza deliver guy” pizza! And traditional pizza. As others have stated, can’t go wrong either way. However, I prefer a simple traditional sometimes.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 7:47 PM, maximus said:

Grew up in NYC so I have my preferences of pizza. Two toppings max.

And in reality, I’m with the other guys. The cibo looks like dough with sauce on it. Poverty. Give me a barros.

that tonto basin pizza looks like something though. Reminds me of that pizza in Colorado where they give honey for your crust 

12 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

And in reality, I’m with the other guys. The cibo looks like dough with sauce on it. Poverty. Give me a barros.

that tonto basin pizza looks like something though. Reminds me of that pizza in Colorado where they give honey for your crust 

very sofisticated palate!

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, maximus said:

very sofisticated palate!

I’m eating a toasted bagel with butter and honey on it right now, I know fine dining when I see it. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I’m eating a toasted bagel with butter and honey on it right now, I know fine dining when I see it. 

that's what i mean. very fine dining at Barro's

53 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I mean, that sounds awesome! I hope it’s cinnamon butter at least.

24 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

I mean, that sounds awesome! I hope it’s cinnamon butter at least.

Sounds like something I could only get at a place where the pizza comes with 2 toppings max. Pinky out 

Big Daddy's in Tonto Basin is the real deal. Top 5 in my book, and probably the best I've had in AZ. 

Pizzicletta in Flagstaff is pretty killer. Only problem is the seating area is tiny so you have to be inline early once it opens. I would go to Dark Sky Brewery 3 minutes away, same pizza way more open seating and easier to get into.

I visited Lamp Pizzeria before the storm last night.

I'll enjoy Neapolitan pizza as long as it's fired in a wood burning oven, and boy do they have a nice oven.

I'm not a big fan of the thin soft center crust associated with this style, but the charred crisp edges made up for it.

We tried two marinara "red" pizzas and the ingredients were top notch. 

The sauce was bright and tart and the oven so hot it gave a nice finish to even the fresh grape tomatoes.

The crust had abundant flavor, albeit too much on the chewy side for my taste.

Thanks for the recommendation Anthony, I'm loving this thread!

IMG_0724.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

• Like 2