Sign in to follow this  
257 STW

Youth deer unit 42?

My ten-year-old drew his first deer tag this year on his fourth choice. This is his first time putting in and drawing a tag. It's towards the end of November beginning of December. I have a few buddies that live close to the area but have never hunted it so I don't know what to expect deer quality or even quantity of deer in the area if they hang closer to town or are they in the two protected parks that can't be hunted. Once it starts to cool off I will be beating the Hills and glassing as much country as possible. Not looking for anybody's spots just seeing what people's past experiences of the unit is. Thanks Jeremy

It is a very tough hunt and the deer are very pockety...   there are deer in the parks but they are also spread out through the unit. Get high and glass. 

There used to be a youth camp every year for this hunt. I'm not sure if they are still running it or not. There are always a few bucks running around Black Mountain.

1 hour ago, wendt said:

There used to be a youth camp every year for this hunt. I'm not sure if they are still running it or not. There are always a few bucks running around Black Mountain.

That’s in 44A isn’t it?

You’re registering for:

Unit 42 Youth Deer Hunt Camp - AMDO

Registration Open 25 of 25 seats remaining

LOCATION & SCHEDULE

Meeting on:

Date Time
Friday, November 18, 2022 3:00pm - 8:00pm

Located at:

Wickenburg 42 Hunt Camp
S Vulture Mine Road and N Vulture Peak Road
Wickenburg, AZ 85390
Get directions

EVENT

Intermediate events:
• Pursuit of more challenging species, deer, elk, stalking, remote locations, overnight, lots of field time. Intermediate — applies some already learned basic skills to adapt and meet the next level of learning, skill development:
• Skill Meter: 5-8
• Mentoring Meter: 3-6

About the Event

Hunt camp for youth hunters drawn for Unit 42. General deer hunting information, tactics and tips, camp activities and some food provided.

To apply for a tag for this hunt camp, use Hunt Number 1174 as found in the Annual Hunting Regulations

Hosted by: Arizona Mule Deer Organization

DETAILS

Requirements

Important Registration is required for each person in the party attending the event due to capacity and resources.

Required Files

Required information or forms needed for this event.

Cancellation Policies

You must cancel your registration before Wednesday, November 16, 2022, at 3:00pm CST.

Organized by:

Jesse Warner

spotlight-poi2_hdpi.png
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i13!2i1528!3i3274!4i256!
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i13!2i1529!3i3275!4i256!
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i13!2i1530!3i3274!4i256!
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i13!2i1529!3i3274!4i256!
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i13!2i1527!3i3274!4i256!
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i13!2i1527!3i3275!4i256!
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i13!2i1528!3i3275!4i256!
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i13!2i1530!3i3275!4i256!

transparent.png

Use ctrl + scroll to zoom the map

Map
Satellite

Keyboard shortcuts

Map data ©2022

ABOUT THE PROGRAM

Overview

Have you ever wanted to try hunting, or harvest your own food? The Outdoor Skills Network is your one-stop resource for events offered by the Arizona Game and Fish Department and a network of partners who conduct hands-on events to teach you the basics about hunting, fishing, trapping, safety, wildlife, and other outdoor skills.

Interested, but not ready to go hunting yet? Don't worry, we still want you to come on out and see what the outdoor experience and wildlife conservation is all about. Hunting is just one portion of these events. Many of these camps are also open to people wishing to learn more about wildlife biology, ecology and their habitats; target shooting; archery; wildlife viewing; camping; social gatherings and more. If you are interested, just contact the camp host and let them know. We are always seeking out mentors and volunteers as well.

Did you know?

• There are more than 800 species in the state of Arizona - more than any other inland state.
  • Arizona Game and Fish Department, charged with the management of the state's wildlife, receives no state tax revenue. It is through a user-pay public-benefit model that funds wildlife management and conservation in Arizona and much of the United States.
  • Learn more and see cool pictures and videos: Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or sign up for email news.

2 hours ago, 654321 said:

You’re registering for:

Unit 42 Youth Deer Hunt Camp - AMDO

Registration Open 25 of 25 seats remaining

LOCATION & SCHEDULE

Meeting on:

Date Time
Friday, November 18, 2022 3:00pm - 8:00pm

Located at:

Wickenburg 42 Hunt Camp
S Vulture Mine Road and N Vulture Peak Road
Wickenburg, AZ 85390
Get directions

EVENT

Intermediate events:
• Pursuit of more challenging species, deer, elk, stalking, remote locations, overnight, lots of field time. Intermediate — applies some already learned basic skills to adapt and meet the next level of learning, skill development:
• Skill Meter: 5-8
• Mentoring Meter: 3-6

About the Event

Hunt camp for youth hunters drawn for Unit 42. General deer hunting information, tactics and tips, camp activities and some food provided.

To apply for a tag for this hunt camp, use Hunt Number 1174 as found in the Annual Hunting Regulations

Hosted by: Arizona Mule Deer Organization

DETAILS

Requirements

Important Registration is required for each person in the party attending the event due to capacity and resources.

Required Files

Required information or forms needed for this event.

Cancellation Policies

You must cancel your registration before Wednesday, November 16, 2022, at 3:00pm CST.

Organized by:

Jesse Warner

spotlight-poi2_hdpi.png
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i13!2i1528!3i3274!4i256!
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i13!2i1529!3i3275!4i256!
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i13!2i1530!3i3274!4i256!
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i13!2i1529!3i3274!4i256!
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i13!2i1527!3i3274!4i256!
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i13!2i1527!3i3275!4i256!
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i13!2i1528!3i3275!4i256!
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i13!2i1530!3i3275!4i256!

transparent.png

Use ctrl + scroll to zoom the map

Map
Satellite

Keyboard shortcuts

Map data ©2022

ABOUT THE PROGRAM

Overview

Have you ever wanted to try hunting, or harvest your own food? The Outdoor Skills Network is your one-stop resource for events offered by the Arizona Game and Fish Department and a network of partners who conduct hands-on events to teach you the basics about hunting, fishing, trapping, safety, wildlife, and other outdoor skills.

Interested, but not ready to go hunting yet? Don't worry, we still want you to come on out and see what the outdoor experience and wildlife conservation is all about. Hunting is just one portion of these events. Many of these camps are also open to people wishing to learn more about wildlife biology, ecology and their habitats; target shooting; archery; wildlife viewing; camping; social gatherings and more. If you are interested, just contact the camp host and let them know. We are always seeking out mentors and volunteers as well.

Did you know?

• There are more than 800 species in the state of Arizona - more than any other inland state.
  • Arizona Game and Fish Department, charged with the management of the state's wildlife, receives no state tax revenue. It is through a user-pay public-benefit model that funds wildlife management and conservation in Arizona and much of the United States.
  • Learn more and see cool pictures and videos: Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or sign up for email news.

Sweet thanks ... I know it was canceled the last couple of years cause  the China flu...

Thanks