Sign in to follow this  
azhunter42

Discount Tire member?

I use to be a loyal customer at discount tire but I think they have really gone downhill.  I just bought tires for my truck from Amazon.  Had them shipped to pep boys and installed there. I saved $380 from what discount quoted me. Before the 4th we were going on vacation so I took the car in for a rotate and balance. They used the little scanner machine and told me I needed new tires. I asked for an actual tread depth gage and the tires were fine. The scanner was 3/32 off. I would look at other options. 

• Like 2

Discount has no membership such as Costco.  Not sure what you are asking.  Do some internet homework on prices and they will meet those prices.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Big Tub said:

Discount has no membership such as Costco.  Not sure what you are asking.  Do some internet homework on prices and they will meet those prices.  

They wouldn't match online prices at the flagstaff store. 

I was considering trying Costco for my next set, anyone use them before? I absolutly cant stand Discount. Its so bad i am considering buying my own changer and balancer. Wish I had more room and would be for sure doing my own. Quality and service is terrible. if you can believe it almost every time i go in there they lose one of my valve caps. I picked my truck up and the sales guy said they dont have any extra caps and he was sorry???? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m in the market for tires for my wife’s suv and I’m definitely leaning towards trying Costco out for the first time. Discount said they would match Costco prices, but then they charge you for the certs. Costco has a 5 year warranty on their tires included that is just as good as the ”certs” from Discount. 

• Like 2

I found a low price online and took to discount, they honored the low price and went thru them.  Other option if you dont like discount, is buy low online and take to a tire shop for mounting. 

I have had UPS ship tires to my front door. neighbors asked questions but who cares.

• Like 1

I discovered DT soon after moving to AZ in 2006 and have been a loyal customer since then.

While Mr. Halle was still involved with the company, DT was truly the only go to place for tires IMHO. 

He died in 2018 and DT has certainly gone downhill since then without question.

Costco et al just might get a look from me when I need tires in the next year.

Eddie

Only problem I've ever had with discount is the "hidden fees". Bought literal $20 tires for my boat trailer that turned into $115 real quick.

Love the cert program though. 

Discount lost our business 15+years ago. Wouldn’t patch a tire that I plugged to get home. The set had about 1000 miles on them and they wanted to road hazard that tire but didn’t have that brand  and would have had to install another brand. I took it to another shop and they fixed no problem. Best move I ever made. We’ve saved a ton over the years buying online and having a smaller shop close to us mount trailer and skid steer tires and just having them order the truck tires in for us and mount, balance and install those. We’ve  got one of those cheap manual tire changers that works real well for 15” trailer tires. FWIW 

• Like 1

I had a guy at discount put an impact on a simulator nut.😀  At least he was smart enough to only do one.

4 hours ago, My Rights As An American said:

Was just about to go in the car to get tires replaced at Discount but you all have me wondering now. No longer have costco account but worth it to get it back for tires? Been a loyal Discount customer for 25 years. 

Brian Just GO.

I havebeen goinghe one on Main And Dobson  since the 80's. Only had an issue a time or two over dozens of visits. WHen you runs through new employees every year or less it's bound to happen.