Sign in to follow this  
azhunter42

Discount Tire member?

Lets see,,,,

Made appointment 8 days in advance and waited 1.5 hours for truck to get into bay

Showed up walk in at 8 am for rotation and was told to leave truck and come back at closing time

Dropped car for rotate and came back to two broken TPS sensor that were not broken when i had them second opinioned at Big O shop across the street

missing valve caps many many times

Directional tires mounted backwards on two of 4 tires

Showed up for appointment after buying tires online through Discount site 2 weeks prior just to find out they dont have those tires

Had my rotated tires inflated Backwards 2 times, 80 psi (i requested 70) on the front and 65 on the rear (I requested 70)

Refused to replace front tires only due to liability if i spin out the rear, they put new two tires on rear and i had to switch when I got home

I switched to Big O in wickenburg and they have been good so far

21 hours ago, azhunter42 said:

I have never bought the certs, not once have I ever needed to use them. 

I have never had any issues with Discount,always have treated me well. 

except not getting the discount

42 minutes ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Lets see,,,,

Made appointment 8 days in advance and waited 1.5 hours for truck to get into bay

Showed up walk in at 8 am for rotation and was told to leave truck and come back at closing time

Dropped car for rotate and came back to two broken TPS sensor that were not broken when i had them second opinioned at Big O shop across the street

missing valve caps many many times

Directional tires mounted backwards on two of 4 tires

Showed up for appointment after buying tires online through Discount site 2 weeks prior just to find out they dont have those tires

Had my rotated tires inflated Backwards 2 times, 80 psi (i requested 70) on the front and 65 on the rear (I requested 70)

Refused to replace front tires only due to liability if i spin out the rear, they put new two tires on rear and i had to switch when I got home

I switched to Big O in wickenburg and they have been good so far

I have had to do this several times.

Refused to replace front tires only due to liability if i spin out the rear, they put new two tires on rear and i had to switch when I got home

4 minutes ago, Coffeeman said:

Alvarez tires in Prescott Valley. They are the best. I know they are probably off the map but they are awesome!

My friend from cordes likes that place.

On 7/16/2022 at 7:36 AM, thegunsmith2506 said:

I use to be a loyal customer at discount tire but I think they have really gone downhill.  I just bought tires for my truck from Amazon.  Had them shipped to pep boys and installed there. I saved $380 from what discount quoted me. Before the 4th we were going on vacation so I took the car in for a rotate and balance. They used the little scanner machine and told me I needed new tires. I asked for an actual tread depth gage and the tires were fine. The scanner was 3/32 off. I would look at other options. 

Amazon is definitely the way to go!  $20 per tire includes install and disposal fee.  Can't beat that.

On 7/16/2022 at 10:00 AM, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

I was considering trying Costco for my next set, anyone use them before? I absolutly cant stand Discount. Its so bad i am considering buying my own changer and balancer. Wish I had more room and would be for sure doing my own. Quality and service is terrible. if you can believe it almost every time i go in there they lose one of my valve caps. I picked my truck up and the sales guy said they dont have any extra caps and he was sorry???? 

Costco sucks for tires.Its always busy and Damm near impossible to get any rotation or service done .They wouldn't cover the warranty on the tires they sold.I had bought 4 and they didn't make the mileage .Not even 24000 miles and they only covered 2 and would not give me the warranty for the other 2.Then when I tried to get a nail removed they gave me a it will be 2 weeks before we can get you in .And if that wasn't bad enough they scratched the crap outa one rim .Discount may not be perfect but I was outa there in 30 minutes for the tire fix at no cost and no appt.

• Like 1

I've never had a problem with Discount. They have always treated me good. Yeah I've had to drop vehicle off but now days that's pretty much the norm with all the people coming into the state.

Also, They did an add match for my wheels and tires before.

• Like 1

Since the rear tires follow the front in a turn tire shops always put the better tires on the rear. This keeps the rear of the vehicle from sliding out especially on wet roads or if there is sand or gravel in the road because they don't have as good of traction to grip the road as the fronts.

I have always been a loyal Discount guy and will probably stay with them, but ever since Bruce Halle tipped over Discount has gone down in the customer service area.  I have to belive the "old dogs" older managers are gone and these younger managers have no clue on how Discount Tire used to have customer service.

Simple tire is a good place to start.  
Veteran discount as well. 

I found thst most car dealers now do tires. Basically get same deal as discount .  What like is even small towns accross the USA, have car dealers

• Haha 1

Discount put the wrong tires on my tahoe. Needed the kid to drive it so I was stuck with them. 

I take my wife's car to the dealership. Cheaper and they already know there not to screw with us. They've already painted her car twice. 

• Haha 1