Sign in to follow this  
azhunter42

Discount Tire member?

One thing you have to take into account, wherever you buy, is that prices are up up up.

My local Discount Tire treats me well.  They have fixed things for free for me in the past (like new valve stems when the old ones on trailer tire set that came with my new trailer crapped out).

I just bought new trailer tires for my boat - Goodyear Enduras.  Looked online and Discount was within a few bucks.

I always take a pass on the road hazard warranty.

In some cases Costco has absolutely had a better tire for less, and I went that way.  Just have to shop it.

I rotate my own usually.

59 minutes ago, JiminAZ said:

One thing you have to take into account, wherever you buy, is that prices are up up up.

My local Discount Tire treats me well.  They have fixed things for free for me in the past (like new valve stems when the old ones on trailer tire set that came with my new trailer crapped out).

I just bought new trailer tires for my boat - Goodyear Enduras.  Looked online and Discount was within a few bucks.

I always take a pass on the road hazard warranty.

In some cases Costco has absolutely had a better tire for less, and I went that way.  Just have to shop it.

I rotate my own usually.

rotating yourself doesnt balance them. HD truck tires never stay balanced between rotations. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

rotating yourself doesnt balance them. HD truck tires never stay balanced between rotations. 

You got that right. Sounds like you've bought a tire or two before.

I will only use Discount tire. They have helped me out many many times! Had a flat on the way home from one hunt to get ready for another called them up spoke to the manager told him what was going on and how I was in a rush to get another tire asap. I dropped the tire off drove home unloaded some stuff and in less than 30 minutes i was called to tell me my tire was done!! Maybe you just don't go to the right Store. The Casa Grande has rocked customer service for years, the mngr and all the assistant managers are what makes a team. No leadership no quality service. 

2 hours ago, PRDATR said:

Currently taking care of 26 tires and 12 batteries so yes I have burned some rubber. And Im not driving 100 miles to sit in a different discount. Maybe ill get myself a balancer for xmas so I can just waive when I pass a random Discount store and wish them well from a distance.

We will see how they last but I ordered a "Thunderer all terrain" in 285/75/16 off Amazon for $200 mounted and balanced today for $25 at a local shop. Pretty much a mud tire. The only budget tire I found with a bunch of reviews and they are mostly good. Getting another one in a couple days 

Here's a link...

https://www.amazon.com/Thunderer-MT-All-Terrain-Radial-Tire/dp/B01BY1FCK6

Discount can't balance for chit anyway. I used to have a 1/2 ram with those crome clad factory wheels. The only one that knew how do do it was in queen creek. Then he quit and it was back to shaking again going down the road. 

On 7/30/2022 at 5:51 PM, CatfishKev said:

We will see how they last but I ordered a "Thunderer all terrain" in 285/75/16 off Amazon for $200 mounted and balanced today for $25 at a local shop. Pretty much a mud tire. The only budget tire I found with a bunch of reviews and they are mostly good. Getting another one in a couple days 

Here's a link...

https://www.amazon.com/Thunderer-MT-All-Terrain-Radial-Tire/dp/B01BY1FCK6

We have about 3k miles on a set of these. So far they are great!

1 hour ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

We have about 3k miles on a set of these. So far they are great!

Are they really 34” outside diameter? All other brands of 285x75 R16 are 33” or less, including BFG.

I use Discount exclusively.  At my local store by my house, 4 different employees know me by name.  When my wife had to take her 4Runner down, they greeted her as "Mrs. Lance" at the door just by seeing the vehicle drive in.

I have about 20-25 vehicles and 11 trailers on my profile.  Will have 9 new ones going on there this year too, as we just upgraded our fleet at work. 

1 hour ago, azbow said:

Are they really 34” outside diameter? All other brands of 285x75 R16 are 33” or less, including BFG.

I think they are stayed as being like 32.8"

On 7/30/2022 at 1:28 PM, PRDATR said:
On 7/30/2022 at 1:21 PM, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Sorry.  I only have 32 tires in my driveway/yard (not counting spares) requiring periodic rotations and balance.  And that doesn't include the tires on my kids' cars.

Been driving/towing with diesel 3/4 ton trucks for over 20 years.  Guess I need more experience.

But in my limited experience, crap tires are crap tires and need rebalancing more often.  Usually my HD Truck and trailer tires hold up better than passenger tires, although they tend to throw

weights just from getting knocked around a bit.  Unless they were Goodyear Wranglers, which were POS tires that I was stupid enough to buy twice.

When they need a balance I go get that done, usually at Discount Tire, and they take good care of me.

YMMV