levers

Fs Marlin 1894 357

Holy Moly...I bought this gun, chambered in .44 Remington Magnum, for my son on his 18th birthday... that was a little over 20yrs ago...I paid $525 for his gun... Prices sure have changed...GLWTS

• Like 1

5 hours ago, drcarr said:

Holy Moly...I bought this gun, chambered in .44 Remington Magnum, for my son on his 18th birthday... that was a little over 20yrs ago...I paid $525 for his gun... Prices sure have changed...GLWTS

They've really increased in value the last couple years.  I got a question on when this one was made.  It's JM marked.  Made 1984 I believe

• Like 2

If it has the cross bolt safety or delete it's 1983 or newer. Can't really tell in your picture.

If it's a 1894S the S stands for safety.

Kent

Also I had to go back and look to make sure... date from serial number after 1972... minus the first 2 numbers from 100 for the year, example serial # 16xxxxxx... 100 minus 16 would be '84.

Have the uberti model that is similar. What a hoot to take out. 38s are plinking rounds and 357 could be hunting round for some game. A little on the heavy side if you're walking all day. Glwts