Sign in to follow this  
jgraffaz

Bull elk tag for sale. Unit 10 New Mexico Archery tag

Had same tag 4 years ago missed 2 big bulls and finished up with a 362.  Great hunt passed 15 bulls in 7 days under 40 yards 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, dusty said:

How many tags are in this unit-wide hunt?

I am not sure the exact number 

Think that's a fair deal. I don't think though you can get close to 500lbs of meat off a Bull. Most I ever got off my biggest bull was around 260lbs boned meat.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, muley224 said:

Think that's a fair deal. I don't think though you can get close to 500lbs of meat off a Bull. Most I ever got off my biggest bull was around 260lbs boned meat.

Last bull I killed was a big bodied bastard and I think I got 228, maybe 238. So yeah 500 ain't happening. 

• Like 1

Meat is near the top of the list of why I hunt, but that being said, if you’re going hunting to save money you aren’t very good at math, even with OTC resident priced tags.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/17/2022 at 12:25 PM, Boarman03 said:

$10 per lb.😁 Senior moment.

Federal Government math, thats how they calculate their budget....just add a zero or two  for good measure.

That’s a good deal! You guys giving him 💩have NO idea what your talking about! If you aren’t interested don’t reply! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, muley224 said:

Seeing how I've never killed an Elk yet, I was being generous and using gross net numbers from a steer/bull.

So figure 250lbs which doubles the price per lb from $10 to $20, unless I'm having another senior moment and someone is bored and wants to make themselves feel better by trying to put me down. 

Yes, I would love to buy the tag. Yes I could possibly afford it. No, I can't get myself to justify the expense. I still need to be extra responsible until my last two kids are through college. But for someone who could justify the tag, when they get one it should be great!

• Like 1