Sign in to follow this  
HuntHarder

Storm last night

56 minutes ago, Bill@roofer said:

I live near mesa drive and brown in mesa.. And We got hammered hard, trees down ,roofs blown off , power lines down , Two apartments lost entire roof plywood rafters and even took block walls with it .. the apartments are completely unlivable.. what a mess..

I'm west of there a little more than a mile and I was watching it come in on the My Weather App.

The storm takes, the storm gives

0718220921.thumb.jpg.9f73bb9e42ca893ee44717910bdd3ecf.jpg

• Like 3

Val Vista and Broadway

Huge wind and lightning, gauge reads just over an inch but it was going sideways so who knows.  Last weeks tore half my shingles off so this one took tarps and flooded inside, Insurance has a lot of work to do.

• Like 1

I saw the news this morning with  all the big arse high voltage  power poles folded up off the Beeline , looked like they were made of aluminum foil.  Holy Crap!  HuntHarder, be glad thats SRP land, LOL. 

I'm hoping the storms blow over the dead tree in the yard nextdoor to me .The house is a rental and we've been complaining about the tree for 2 years.Hoa suck they won't do a thing.

Parts of Tonopah look like a war zone. Got in last night  from fishing in Alaska only to find the place demolished. I took a couple of pics of the garbanzo bean plant a couple of miles from my house.

IMG_8318.JPEG

IMG_8320.JPEG

• Like 1
  • Wow! 2

Well, if the price of garbanzo beans goes up, we'll know it wasnt  because of Putin!  Thats some crazy damage!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hunterjohnny said:

Val Vista and Broadway

Huge wind and lightning, gauge reads just over an inch but it was going sideways so who knows.  Last weeks tore half my shingles off so this one took tarps and flooded inside, Insurance has a lot of work to do.

Maybe it did rain at my house

4 hours ago, NOTAGS said:

I saw the news this morning with  all the big arse high voltage  power poles folded up off the Beeline , looked like they were made of aluminum foil.  Holy Crap!  HuntHarder, be glad thats SRP land, LOL. 

I just got off a 17 hour shift working on trying to get people back in power in that area. The news chopper was circling us all morning. It’s a disaster. Probably a hundred distribution poles and around 30 transmission towers fell. I’m no weather man but it looks to me like it had to be a tornado based on the damage. Several semi trucks flipped over as well. Lots of people out of power and will be for a quite a while. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GreyGhost85 said:

I just got off a 17 hour shift working on trying to get people back in power in that area. The news chopper was circling us all morning. It’s a disaster. Probably a hundred distribution poles and around 30 transmission towers fell. I’m no weather man but it looks to me like it had to be a tornado based on the damage. Several semi trucks flipped over as well. Lots of people out of power and will be for a quite a while. 

Hat's off to you. Working those hours under the gun in the weather is no joke.

• Like 3

The utility companies could place most of their lines underground and roll the cost into the people's service bill then thy would scream because they are having to pay more for their utilities. It's not just a put them in the ground thing.

Been pretty quiet around our place in So Az the last week except for a lightning bolt that hit about 50’ off the house and took out our router, garage freezer and arc fault breaker for our master wouldn’t stay put so had to wire tandem with another circuit until I replaced it. All that for about 10 drops!!