BeardWonder62

In market for meat grinder

2 hours ago, BeardWonder62 said:

Looking for Meat Grinder didn’t know if anyone is selling one on here. I’ll be using the grinder from deer-buffalo. What brand do you guys recommend and size? Thanks again. 

I'll be watching the responses because I too am in the market for one.

Get a least a 3/4 hp, I had the 1/2 hp Lem and upgraded, wish I had the 1 hp Lem 

I got one from Harbor Freight for like $50 and it worked perfectly 

Tractor supply has great quality and good deals on their grinders  I bought one 2 years ago and its had a lot of meet pushed through with no issues

On 7/17/2022 at 6:59 PM, Vowell said:

Get a least a 3/4 hp, I had the 1/2 hp Lem and upgraded, wish I had the 1 hp Lem 

Ditto.  The LEM 3/4 hp is a great grinder.  I like to freeze my meat partially before grinding.  I have to go a little slower than I would like as it's a bit harder to grind   If it ever fails I will upgrade to 1 HP or bigger.  

• Like 1

Ironic that I see this post tonight. I just got done grinding the balance of my antelope today. LEM model 1782 has done plenty of elk, javelina, and antelope without any hesitation. Meat &/or pork fat, there are no issues. It eats it up like kindergarteners to candy. Whatever brand you buy… Pro Tip: freeze the Grinder head / auger / blade / plates & partially freeze meat / fat before the actual grind = less heat produces better grind appearance. Invest in a power control foot pedal to stop the grind in between stuffing the grinder head’s throat. 

196EC7E4-466A-4D5A-8F3B-DA1230249081.jpeg

On 7/19/2022 at 8:54 AM, BeardWonder62 said:

I was looking into a company name “meats”

Ordered the 1hp one of these with the foot pedal.  Got a couple of elk and deer hunts this season so we'll see how it goes. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, olmos1010 said:

Ordered the 1hp one of these with the foot pedal.  Got a couple of elk and deer hunts this season so we'll see how it goes. 

I really need to buy the foot pedal, good choice on the 1 hp