Sign in to follow this  
CraigK

Leftover deer tags

3 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Christian, you're pretty high on your soap box on this topic bud.

I had a muzzy 33 tag last year, shot the gun exactly once before dropping my buck at 350 with it. It was awesome. 

Congratulations on the buck. Glad it worked out for you.  

All I’m saying is that the majority of the time it does not work out that way sadly.  If your friends have the right equipment and you’re a competent shooter you’ll most likely be fine.  It’s the individuals who have never shot them and buy one off the shelf who expect it to be like a rifle that I’m talking about. 

Just now, azcouesandelk said:

Congratulations on the buck. Glad it worked out for you.  

All I’m saying is that the majority of the time it does not work out that way sadly.  If your friends have the right equipment and you’re a competent shooter you’ll most likely be fine.  It’s the individuals who have never shot them and buy one off the shelf who expect it to be like a rifle that I’m talking about. 

Correct those people should practice, no doubt about it!

Look like the leftover list has been updated. Still no tag in my portal though. Guess that means I don't have to borrow the bosses muzzle loader. bummer

I would probably say this year or next will be the last year of leftover Deer tags.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, azcouesandelk said:

All I’m saying is that the majority of the time it does not work out that way sadly.  

And what are you basing that on? Heresay? Speculation?

15 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

And what are you basing that on? Heresay? Speculation?

Seeing it in the field, YouTube videos, here say, etc 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

9 hours ago, azcouesandelk said:

@bigbuckfever at least you had been planning for years and most likely did research and had an understanding of them.

I’m willing to bet the majority of people applying for the leftover muzzy tags had never thought about hunting with one or even shooting one until they applied. Also I’m willing to bet that there will be minimal practice with them before the hunt and people will be shooting much further than they should expecting them to act like a rifle 

Sometimes opportunity is built out of necessity

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SunDevil said:

Will probably be 33 muzzy tags left over for a few more years

Until some YouTuber starts talking about how they’re overlooked opportunities. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SunDevil said:

Will probably be 33 muzzy tags left over for a few more years

I don't know about that at this point. The left overs went in 2 days. That didn't use to be the case. Also i know alot more people putting that in for 5th choice just to grab a tag. I hope there will be as i just got one. I may put that as my 4th or 5th choice at this point as well. In the past i was getting these as left overs but i'm afraid that it's probably gonna be the end of it.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bucks N Bulls said:

I don't know about that at this point. The left overs went in 2 days. That didn't use to be the case.

That's been the case for the last three or four years.