Sign in to follow this  
CraigK

Leftover deer tags

1 hour ago, AZBIG10 said:

Big deal. some people get tags just to get out of the house.

Yep and probably a good portion of tag holders don’t even make the hunt. Kinda like the guys that put in for a border unit 4th or 5th choice just to get a tag not knowing anything about the unit and then too scared to hunt the border so it goes unused. 

I've had the 33 muzzleloader tag 7 years in a row as a left over tag except last year I had a hunt in Colorado at the same time . So I didn't apply last year for a leftover tag. This year I applied for a leftover but knew there was going to be a slim chance not getting one because of  leftover tag numbers and the amount of people trying to get one. I also know about a dozen guys that put this as their 5th choice now just so they can get a tag. See how many guys burn their bonus points that are trying to hold out for the strip knowing they won't have a leftover tag.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

I’m doing it 5th choice next year 

Probably won’t draw and there will be 150 leftovers…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I got real lucky and was able to snag a rifle tag for my self and a muzzy tag for my wife.

Ya'll quit talking about that muzzy hunt. I had arrowhead build me a fancy muzzleloader for that leftover list.  Cost me 3 bucks a shot with that dang 209 powder

• Like 1