muley224

AZGFD offering 12 Limited tags.

Screw the elk tags. If I could hunt desert muleys with a rifle during the rut I think I could kill a 200” buck. The biggest problem would be finding one that isn’t busted up. 

• Like 3

AZ G&F needs to increase the NR fees. Other states are cutting NR tags and increasing the NR fees. Even requiring NR to buy points after the draw for more revenue in some states. NR have it pretty good in AZ compared to most other states. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, coueswt said:

AZ G&F needs to increase the NR fees. Other states are cutting NR tags and increasing the NR fees. Even requiring NR to buy points after the draw for more revenue in some states. NR have it pretty good in AZ compared to most other states. 

How do you figure. Most states give non residents more than 10%     Colorado is a $100 license, az 160.   Wyoming doesn’t even having hunting licenses.  

31 minutes ago, Northern Pintail said:

How do you figure. Most states give non residents more than 10%     Colorado is a $100 license, az 160.   Wyoming doesn’t even having hunting licenses.  

New Mexico gives only 6% of its tags to nonresidents; AZ, UT, CA, OR, MT, ID, WA, only allocate 10% of tags to nonresidents; South Dakota gives 0% to nonresidents. I believe Nevada also has a cap on NR.  Wy. is trying hard to get deer, elk and antelope also capped at 10% to NR.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Northern Pintail said:

Not true and you should read about what the states allow currently and changes coming for NR.  NM is looking at not allowing NR apply for Sheep tags anymore even though the only reason they have sheep is because of NR. 

Here is what a NR has to pay for ELk tags across the west right now and think of the quality of hunt you get here in AZ compared to some of these other states if your able to get drawn:

NV $1,200 plus license

CO $701 plus license

MT $934 plus license

ID $652 plus license

CA $1,568 plus license

UT $1,000 plus license

NM $773 plus license

WY $1,283 sp plus license

AZ $650 plus license