Sign in to follow this  
mpriest

Scope mounts

What scope mounts do you guys recommend? I’ll be mounting a NX-8 with a 30mm tube to a Defiance anTi-X action on a 28 Nosler. For your recommendations cost isn’t an issue right now. I’ll decide on that matter later. Thanks

if cost is not an issue then go with the best.... Spuhr Mount is awesome and scope can be moved from one gun to another with repeatability... by far the best mount available in my opinion.

they also make a nice level to be added to the mount if you do not like the level that is integral in the base.

• Like 1

I put Hawkins ultra lights on my last gun.  They seem solid and have an integrated level in them.  I also have a gun with nightforce rings that has had 0 issues over the years.  

I have been using Seekins lately. 

WHICH NX8?  The 2.5-20x50 will have a VERY hard time fitting on a LA without being mounted either very high or very far forward.  The 4-32x50 won't have that problem.

As for Rings, my first choice is the American Rifle Co. M-Brace/M10 rings.  Second is Seekins or Hawkins.  Flip a coin.

Regardless of what scope mounting system you buy, get your scope mounted correctly! Even the most expensive scope rings need to be lapped and fitted and scope bases need to bedded for proper fit!

I will disagree with the above post.  Some companies will void your warranty if you lap their rings.  The machines today are MUCH better than the machines 30 years ago.  I have never lapped a high end ring and I have never had an issue with ring marks, scope alignment issues or the scope moving.  IMO buy good rings and proceed.