Coues'n

2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4

2 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

I think there’s been some very reasonable posting itt tbh. 

What is itt?

13 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Dealers are choking on them. More people wanting to buy than inventory allows. Supply is low and demand is high. Dealers aren’t getting rich but they are choking on buyers. I was looking at a similar truck for a similar price but I’m not willing to spend that much. Not even willing to spend 20k less. That means I drive my old truck until it breaks.

Or you can be like me and hope they go down next year lol

8 minutes ago, EarlyBronco said:

Or you can be like me and hope they go down next year lol

It seems like prices have already started to drop, but if you are financing the purchase your payments have gone up with rates. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

I paid $96,500 for my first house in 2009. dang, crazy to think that truck is basically that house on wheels. 

True, but now your house is worth 4 to 5 times that, just like the trucks are. Huge inflation! It's all relative, except wages did not rise equally. Just the cost and value of everything else. 

And anger and hate has risen as well. 

Sad and unfortunate, but it's our new reality!

Best wishes to all!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Dealers are choking on them. More people wanting to buy than inventory allows. Supply is low and demand is high. Dealers aren’t getting rich but they are choking on buyers. I was looking at a similar truck for a similar price but I’m not willing to spend that much. Not even willing to spend 20k less. That means I drive my old truck until it breaks.

Which is nuts because our auto facility in Elmirage is getting full of vehicles. 

2.2 million vehicles repoed in the US every year.

5,418 every day

226 each hour.

Dealer auction prices are still out of control.

One of the bosses wanted a 22 Escalade ;the xl version; for his family vehicle. Book was $98k, Dealer was asking $128K for the 1 they had.

jlw

14 minutes ago, JLW said:

2.2 million vehicles repoed in the US every year.

5,418 every day

226 each hour.

Dealer auction prices are still out of control.

One of the bosses wanted a 22 Escalade ;the xl version; for his family vehicle. Book was $98k, Dealer was asking $128K for the 1 they had.

jlw

The msrp was 98, or the book was 98. I haven’t seen many books on brand new cars 

I used to always buy at fleet pricing.  It no longer exists. In fact, most fleet departments no longer exist.  Dealers are selling at MSRP or plus.  Someone else from the industry mentioned  that in 6 months to a year, there will be quite a few  newer model repos going back up for sale as things tighten up.   Two other members also echoed my philosophy on vehicle purchases, never finance anything that depreciates.  Its a " Double  Whammy". , so wait till you can pay cash for the purchase.

Glad to see the OP sold the vehicle.

On 8/5/2022 at 12:27 PM, trphyhntr said:

The msrp was 98, or the book was 98. I haven’t seen many books on brand new cars 

https://www.autoblog.com/car-values/2022-cadillac-escalade-sport__4x2/?zip=85034&mileage=1000&chromeid=423641

all kinds of "new cars at auction." 

book value 

msrp + options or whatever...

So happy I picked up my 2019 Ram 2500 crew 4X4 6.4 hemi back in August 2020.  Picked it up from a private seller had 1,700 miles and he was forced to sell it due to covid downturn.  He paid 62K for it the December prior.  I Paid 39K no taxes.  Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.   

4-5 years back went to the sunrise 3D shoot over 4th of July weekend.  Was amazed at how many young families were driving expensive trucks, pulling huge trailers/ 5th wheels and they were loaded with toys.  Easily 200K setups.  Could not even imagine having that kind of debt that depreciates so quickly.  Paid $67k for my first house in 1989.  

I bet the original poster is happy he is out from under that deal.

• Like 1