Sign in to follow this  
northAZarcher

Careful when ordering ammunition that is delivered by UPS

I buy quite a lot of ammo through Midway USA or bulkammo.com, and I’ve never had a problem.

In the article the guy claims that 2/3 of his shipments through UPS are going missing?  Why would he keep using them?   He also says that he’s lost thousands of dollars.  He doesn’t buy the insurance that UPS offers?  😭

Anytime you order from a reputable online source, if the item does not make it to you, you don’t lose your money. Either the shipper eats it or the online retailer eats it if they didn’t pay for the insurance.

i’ll keep ordering ammo online.  😉

10 hours ago, stanley said:

I buy quite a lot of ammo through Midway USA or bulkammo.com, and I’ve never had a problem.

In the article the guy claims that 2/3 of his shipments through UPS are going missing?  Why would he keep using them?   He also says that he’s lost thousands of dollars.  He doesn’t buy the insurance that UPS offers?  😭

Anytime you order from a reputable online source, if the item does not make it to you, you don’t lose your money. Either the shipper eats it or the online retailer eats it if they didn’t pay for the insurance.

i’ll keep ordering ammo online.  😉

I wouldn't be so much worried about losing my money since you will be getting reimbursed by someone.  I'd be more worried about not receiving certain items that are hard to find, powders, primers whatever.   Especially if I had a hunt and it got lost.

• Like 2

Ordered powder and primers shipped to store to Cabelas and it never showed up. I think someone helped themselves to my order.

I had two 1 pound bottles of H4831 never show- UPS said no one was home - then took the package to CVS - CVS never got it- not sure where the breakdown was, but luckily the sender did have insurance and we got it straightened out, but  I was most upset as he didn't have anymore and it was hard to come by. 

FedEx once dropped off an incorrect package that belonged to someone on a few streets over. 

I was waiting for the package so I happened to pick it up before the driver made it back to his truck. At first he ignored my comment. Then I was at his truck and he couldn't ignore me. He went to the rear of his truck and produced my ammo.

I asked a FedEx driver who was an acquaintance and he said it was common for drivers to steal the ammo shipments. It is obvious by weight, packaging, often there is little to none, and companies sending what it is.

When one makes a claim it is denied because the GPS will show that the truck stopped at your address. 

39 minutes ago, More D said:

FedEx once dropped off an incorrect package that belonged to someone on a few streets over. 

I was waiting for the package so I happened to pick it up before the driver made it back to his truck. At first he ignored my comment. Then I was at his truck and he couldn't ignore me. He went to the rear of his truck and produced my ammo.

I asked a FedEx driver who was an acquaintance and he said it was common for drivers to steal the ammo shipments. It is obvious by weight, packaging, often there is little to none, and companies sending what it is.

When one makes a claim it is denied because the GPS will show that the truck stopped at your address. 

David I would think they get paid a pretty penny, at least the UPS guys do, so it would be dumb to risk your job  for less than a days pay.

26 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

David I would think they get paid a pretty penny, at least the UPS guys do, so it would be dumb to risk your job  for less than a days pay.

I have seen a few stories about UPS and FedX drivers dumping packages. People do stupid things.

2 hours ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

I have seen a few stories about UPS and FedX drivers dumping packages. People do stupid things.

THey are under a lot of pressure. I ordered some workboots from Ariat a month or so ago. Shipped FEDX and when the tracking number said they were delivered I had to go through a bunch of hoop on their website.

Never could talk to a live person but Ariat was able to contact them and the next day the driver delivered them after dropping them off at the wrong address. UPS however  is more consumer friendly and has better tools to actually track stuff through MyUPS.Com

The last ammo shippment of 1K nine mm I ordered the shipper had an add on for insurance for like $13. I miss the old days when you could buy ammo out od state and not get hit for local State Tax.

Have a "signature required" added to your order.

• Like 1

I just had a backordershow up yesterday. I've never had an issue. 

My friends mom got a case of Russian 7.62x54r delivered to her she never ordered.It was sent to her by mistake.She tried to get it picked back up and they wouldn't .So when I was out for a visit I picked it up and brought it home and had it sold in 15 minutes.I sent her the cash from the sale.Make sure you have the correct address for shipping .They wouldn't come back and pick it up!!

Just had some .410 shells delivered from Midway today, no issues. Rarely buy ammo online, but never had an issue with major vendors online when I do. The store referenced in the OP’s link is not a place I would buy from. It looks like they took all of 90 minutes to build their site.