Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

El jefe spotted in mexico

I could be wrong but I thought there was a thread here a long while back that they had confirmed he was killed in Mexico based on pics of a dead leopard shot on a ranch? Was that a different leapord or what? Here's the news link...

The Arizona Republic: Return of 'the boss': El Jefe, a jaguar that roamed Arizona, has turned up alive in Mexico.
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-environment/2022/08/05/rare-jaguar-el-jefe-roamed-arizona-spotted-across-border/10251057002/

• Like 3

On 8/7/2022 at 5:53 AM, mc68 said:

Good, it’s either dead or in Mexico. Either one I’m fine with. 

Consider that a mature jaguar could dominate a territory that would hold say three lions. If the Jaguar were to kill or run off 3 lions from it's territory but only kill and eat 1.4 times as many deer than just one MT lion then that to me is a plus. I do not claim to know exactly how the numbers would work, but the dominant predator will not abide a lesser predator on its hunting grounds. It is much like how we hunters feel about lions and coyotes. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

I could be wrong but I thought there was a thread here a long while back that they had confirmed he was killed in Mexico based on pics of a dead leopard shot on a ranch? Was that a different leapord or what? Here's the news link...

The Arizona Republic: Return of 'the boss': El Jefe, a jaguar that roamed Arizona, has turned up alive in Mexico.
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-environment/2022/08/05/rare-jaguar-el-jefe-roamed-arizona-spotted-across-border/10251057002/

Thought the same thing when I heard the news but didn’t look into it 

1 hour ago, creed said:

I know of one in the central desert. Too many have seen it for it to be anything else. 

Like a real life Bigfoot? People see it but can't get any pics.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Like a real life Bigfoot? People see it but can't get any pics.  

something like that

the one that was killed by a rancher in mexico was not El Jeffe. it was a different cat that was spotted several times in the Huachucas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GnF will have an Extra Special Commissioners Tag for El Jefe.  Will be setup as a live auction, highest bidder wins, 365 days to hunt. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am sure someone will hunt it down and have a nice mounted trophy at home.  

I thought he was dead too but it’s cool he turned up still alive! I personally think it’s pretty near a jaguar could live in a desert like ours. Amazing how animals adapt to different climates

I have been more found of the cougars roaming Scottsdale

• Haha 1