BC8702

Possible scammer alert

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up about being cautious of dealing with this guy. I was looking for a compact stock for a savage and he sent me a text. Long story short we talked over text said he wasn’t on here but a good friend was. Anyway he didn’t give me the scammer vibe until he stopped responding. 

So I paid him through Zelle and he didn’t stop responding until he asked for a picture of my ID and I told him I don’t feel that to be necessary. Not he hasn’t responded at all. So with that said if someone on here does know him and he is not a scammer feel free to let me know why he hasn’t responded otherwise I will just assume he got me. Luckily it was not for much money but still irritating. 

The phone number he text me from was (405) 673-1653. The email address used through Zelle is Littlebeth420@gmail.com and the name on the Zelle account is Tyne Rupe. And then I have a picture posted he sent me. Not sure if it is him or just some stuff he used. Like I said he truly didn’t give me the scammer vibe but obviously at this point I believe he is. Hopefully this helps someone since he also said he has a bunch of ammo and parts to sell. 

48086A01-15F8-4CDD-B407-59C305551609.jpeg

Edited by BC8702
  • Thanks 1

Call Oklahoma City PD, preferably the detectives division and ask if he is employed there, but make sure you explain the situation, you may not get very far without them knowing the whole reason of your inquiry.  If he is or was employed there somebody should know him.  He may be retired based on his commission date. Offer to send them the picture of the ID, credentials, and badge.  He’s either unknowingly being used as a face to scam people or he’s got no ethics as a police officer, but more than likely judging by the Zelle name, it’s a scammer. 

• Like 4

Call Sean "Sticks" Larkin from LIVE PD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Probably ought to take down photos of the officer's drivers license being that it appears to show his home address.  He's likely put some bad people away who may want to seek revenge.  What kind of person would put a cops address on the web?

I edited the picture out. If you don’t think your home address is out there in the internet you must live in a different world. But I agree I should have done this first to be safe. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.