Sign in to follow this  
creed

forest service and 30 foot rule

On 8/15/2022 at 12:43 PM, Edge said:

I obtained a mining claim a few years ago in the Prescott National Forest. Ol prospector before me lived on it for 12 years, even built a shack there. 

He'd probably still be there if he hadn't been flooded out and later murdered.

Go on…

On 8/15/2022 at 12:43 PM, Edge said:

I obtained a mining claim a few years ago in the Prescott National Forest. Ol prospector before me lived on it for 12 years, even built a shack there. 

He'd probably still be there if he hadn't been flooded out and later murdered.

what's the story?

9 hours ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

what's the story?

I'm told by his former partner his name was Bill Canning. He worked several claims on Turkey Creek 7 miles south of Mayer. 

After having his shack washed away in an early spring flood (including several pounds of gold hidden inside the walls of the shack), he moved to a claim on the Big Bug l Creek. Worked it several years and when he felt he had enough gold, he decided to drive up to Montana and put a down payment on his retirement home.

But he never made it. He was found murdered along a desolate road on the Navajo Reservation. His gold stolen and his van ransacked.

Prospectors like to show off their gold. Investigators think he may have picked up a couple hitchhikers and couldn't resist showing off his gold. Detectives also believed only someone with knowledge of the reservation could have got his van where it was.

I'm told no one has been arrested in the case. I've tried to find info online but no luck.

• Wow! 1

All you gotta do is tell the FS and anyone who asks that you are a GUIDE, you own the woods..............they will leave you alone because they know they wont win the argument! 

.......Hello I'm Ron Burgundy................ I dont know how to put this but I'm kinda a big deal.....PPL Know ME............. I don't have to move my camper...............