Sign in to follow this  
tjhunt2

Lion/deer

tj,it's so great to see you got one of those two big bucks you;ve been watching.With that lion gone the 6x is safe until January.

tj,it's so great to see you got one of those two big bucks you;ve been watching.With that lion gone the 6x is safe until January.

Thanks Jeff, after you saw the pic of the 6x you know Jan. can't get here soon enough. Glad you and Roy had a chance to stop by camp before scouting 22s. Hope you saw some elk. :)

TJ

I can't believe this. I logged on today for the first time since my hunt last Friday, all set to tell my story about the lion and the deer I shot and find that I've been upstaged by another great hunting experience. Congratulations on the nice buck and the big lion. Both the deer and the lion in this thread are bigger than mine, but I'll tell my story anyway. The deer I got scored only abt 85 and the cat was a yearling, but I had a great time and maybe saved a few deer for next year.

I was hunting in unit 32 when I spotted a buck about 800 yards away going over a ridge across a saddle from where I had set up for the afternoon. I went after him. After arriving near where I'd last seen him and setting up, I waited for about 45 minutes until the shadows were growing long before he showed himself about 200 yards away. One shot and after some searching I had a dead deer in the tall grass.

As I was boning him out I heard a rustling in the grass just over a ledge from me and looked down. I saw a cat looking back at me from about 20 feet. At first I thought it was a bobcat, but then I saw its long tail twitching. I went for my .270 which was about 10 feet in the other direction. When I returned she was still there glaring at me. I took one of the few offhand shots I've taken at game and had a lion and a nice three point buck dead within 30 feet of each other. What a rush for a 68 year old who can't give it up. Jack

PS: I'd attach photos if I could figure it out.

Very nice Deer Tom I am happy for you.

I am sure you worked hard for it.

And as always, trying to make Leonard's hunt the best possible.

Not going to say anything about 3 Lions without the aid of dogs.

Congratulations