Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

5BS - let there be mud

Had a chance to hit the area yesterday.

Brought the Ranger. The water is unbelievable. Put on about 5 miles. Should have brought my water wings. I imagine every water hole is filled. The 6 I hit were practically overflowing.  

Sign everywhere. Didn't see elk till 5:30.

I'm hoping it dries out a little  before this kicks off, all I see are umbrellas in the forecast app for the next week. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigbuckfever said:

What's the best scent free mosquito repellent you guys have found?

Sawyers Picaridin. It's as close to scent free as I have found.

I have used snow chains in 5BS because of mud. Even with 4x4 I got stuck right in the middle of the 93 road. It can be bad

I turned in an archery antelope tag yesterday. I could barely get through to my hunting area last Wednesday. It has poured since then with a surge of tropical moisture in Thursday. It's supposed to really start raining. If I could have hunted the last half of the season I would have held on but I can't. I will likely die before I get another one

• Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, creed said:

I have used snow chains in 5BS because of mud. Even with 4x4 I got stuck right in the middle of the 93 road. It can be bad

I turned in an archery antelope tag yesterday. I could barely get through to my hunting area last Wednesday. It has poured since then with a surge of tropical moisture in Thursday. It's supposed to really start raining. If I could have hunted the last half of the season I would have held on but I can't. I will likely die before I get another one

Why not just go and have a shitty hunt if you’re never gonna get it again 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Why not just go and have a shitty hunt if you’re never gonna get it again 

I know. I  regret it. I have never been known for my good decisions. Anyone that knows my ex can attest to that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, creed said:

The Arizona monsoon can leave at anytime and the roads will dry quick. Can’t complain if you don’t get another one

• Like 1

Man.... giving up a tag that you'll likely never draw again? That's  a worse  decision than picking a bad woman.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Man.... giving up a tag that you'll likely never draw again? That's  a worse  decision than picking a bad woman.

At least you can get another one with a bad woman

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, creed said:

No way , I had that tag last year and it was bad butt

• Like 2