Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

5BS - let there be mud

Been a stellar summer monsoon this year with a little over 11 inches at our place in So Az. We’ve been fighting mud every other day on job sites for the last 3 weeks and has been frustrating too. Sucks to give up a tag because we’ve gotten so much of what we cry for! 

• Like 2

Drying out..

Looks dry-ish for the week. Will spend 4,5,6th up top to do last minute scouting. Wife is doing 2 hours a day in practice. 

God I can't wait. 

14 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Drying out..

Looks dry-ish for the week. Will spend 4,5,6th up top to do last minute scouting. Wife is doing 2 hours a day in practice. 

God I can't wait. 

Might need to find a welder first.

6D59B7D3-F2F8-42A4-8F16-DED43DE1C50C_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.4ae7ed4dd272cce78805e6d33ae07b9b.jpeg

• Sad 1
  • Wow! 1

On 8/16/2022 at 11:58 AM, creed said:

Sawyers Picaridin. It's as close to scent free as I have found.

I have used snow chains in 5BS because of mud. Even with 4x4 I got stuck right in the middle of the 93 road. It can be bad

I turned in an archery antelope tag yesterday. I could barely get through to my hunting area last Wednesday. It has poured since then with a surge of tropical moisture in Thursday. It's supposed to really start raining. If I could have hunted the last half of the season I would have held on but I can't. I will likely die before I get another one

Isn't this the 2nd one you have turned in?

5 minutes ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

Isn't this the 2nd one you have turned in?

Elk tag last year. I had a semi paralyzed leg that required surgery to correct right in elk season. 

5B can be pretty bad. I could get around in my Bronco pretty good after the snow melts while others couldnt. It was fun one year but when I got home to Tucson it took all day to get the mud off and a couple of hours after that to shovel and clean the mud off of my driveway. I wish I would have used a pressure washer.

On 8/31/2022 at 9:38 AM, Jazz said:

Might need to find a welder first.

6D59B7D3-F2F8-42A4-8F16-DED43DE1C50C_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.4ae7ed4dd272cce78805e6d33ae07b9b.jpeg

Just cut that thing off and go fix it when you get back unless you have time to get it fixed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wish2hunt said:

Bend it back and duct tape it.

Wired it!! Haha I'll weld it later.. 

• Like 2

On 8/16/2022 at 10:36 AM, bigbuckfever said:

What's the best scent free mosquito repellent you guys have found?

staying down wind.