maximus

limited entry tags

They don't announce results, they just call the successful applicants.  Chances of winning are extremely small...you're more likely to draw a sheep tag and antelope tag in the same year than to pick up some of those limited entry tags.

• Like 5

Yes, this “draw” is basically another avenue for them to raise funds, primarily through application fees if I had to guess. Not that I’m against that in principle (I actually applied for one of the hunts).  But it’s important to understand that’s very much like buying a lottery ticket.  Chances might be higher of me hitting a deer by accident on a random phoenix street than getting a tag from this. :)

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, ruppart said:

Yes, this “draw” is basically another avenue for them to raise funds, primarily through application fees if I had to guess. Not that I’m against that in principle (I actually applied for one of the hunts).  But it’s important to understand that’s very much like buying a lottery ticket.  Chances might be higher of me hitting a deer by accident on a random phoenix street than getting a tag from this. :)

What did it hurt? Some people look mostly in the classifieds. Yes they should participate in the other forums, but everyone is, gratefully, different.

• Like 2

Not to be the guy who brings this back to the top of the classifieds, but a friend of mine was lucky enough to get a call this morning informing him that he got drawn for one of the limited entry hunts. If you haven’t got a call by now it sounds like you didn’t get drawn. 

• Like 1