LK37

Cleaning Fix Blade Suggestions

Thought I’d make a post to ask what everyone uses. Trying to find a solid quality fix blade without spending $200+. I’m open to any suggestions. Also looking for a steel that holds its edge well and can be field sharpened if needed. 

I like Buck knives. 113, 117, 105, 212 or one of the Bucklites are all great fixed blade knives for hunting.

• Like 1

Buck released a special Buck of the Month 113 today. 154cm steel, rosewood handles, limited run. SWEET knife! If I didn't already have one in S30v I would get one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heat said:

Buck released a special Buck of the Month 113 today. 154cm steel, rosewood handles, limited run. SWEET knife! If I didn't already have one in S30v I would get one.

That S30v is sweet. I did a custom 110 with stag sides for my son for his 30th and had it personalized. I think I'll do a custom 113 to give to my guide this year on my elk hunt.

• Like 1

My go to, if I'm not using a havalon, is a cold steel pendleton hunter.  The knives of Alaska are great too, just don't let them get dull. D2 tool steel is really hard  and even harder to put a new edge on, in the field.  

7 minutes ago, Red Rabbit said:

I have been using the Outdoor Edge 3.5 Razor on my last two cow elk.  One blade lasts the entire elk doing the gutless method.

https://www.sportsmans.com/hunting-gear-supplies/knives-tools/knives/outdoor-edge-35-razorlite-edc-35-inch-folding-knife-orange/p/1550902

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TRXGWHV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.     And you're done.