Sign in to follow this  
trphyhntr

Lifetime Licenses

I need some clarity on this. I always see you guys telling residents who are moving to buy lifetime license. implying you can apply as a resident even though you’re a non resident 

that sounds illegal to me, but I see it mentioned over and over on here. I can see saving on the cost of a non resident license, since you have a lifetime license. But applying as a resident because you have a lifetime and live out of state? That doesn’t add up. Am I misunderstanding?

• Like 1

With a lifetime license you will always be in the resident pool. Id you live out of state you will have to pay a nonresident fee

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You buy a lifetime license as a resident and they honor it. Simple as that. You pay NR fees but do not get booted by the up to 10%.

You still select “nonresident” when filling out the application.  I was told the computer recognizes you as a resident for the draw due to the hunting license number starting with LH.  I scrounged up every cent I could when I was down there for school to buy one and it turned out to be a good call.  I stil pay NR fees just don’t have to buy a license every year and don’t have to fall under the 10% NR quota.  

• Thanks 1

It's right there in Lifetime License. Click on Lifetime License.

• Haha 3

My son just graduated from UofA this past December and got a Job in St. Petersburg Florida.  I bought him a lifetime license as a going away gift.  He's got a bunch of points for a lot of species. I hope he has time to get away and hunt AZ.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Well yeah, why would anyone want to hunt anywhere but az. 

Ummm, cause I cant  get drawn in my home state  of AZ?

I bought mine in 2012 with my tax return. Think that was the last year I ever got one. 

One of the main rationales was a potential move out of state for work. At the time I bowhunted a lot and the idea of hunting the winter archery reason for just the cost of a nonres deer tag was appealing. 

If the annual hunt/fish combo cost doesn’t increase it will pay for itself in 7 more years.   

I would encourage anyone under 50 who can afford it to buy one.