Sign in to follow this  
CouesFanatic

Archery Kills rolling in already

37 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

I call bullshitt. The g&f can’t update my man’s bonus points from a hunter Ed course months ago.But yet this many deer have hit the dirt and updated In the system. Helll nah I’m from the show me state. Let’s see these hunters information. 

Seen some dead ones on instagram and hunters drive right by azgfd coming back from 1 and 27. 

2 hours ago, knothead said:

I never used to mind road hunters because they left the woods for me while they were driving around.  Now that we have this quota system, I may turn anti road hunter.

I’ve always welcomed and laughed at road hunters for the same reason but to the serious hunter whose hunt will be cut short because a bunch of yearlings have been shot on the road and closing his unit, yeah I believe there will be some unhappy dudes the first year of this new system. 

• Like 2

I have a question for anyone that went out today.  Does it seem like there is more, less or about the same amount of people hunting?  I just wonder if the limits made more people go.  

So the rule is we have up to 48 hours to report. Yet this morning, not 2 hours after sunrise, the counts were coming in. WTF?

Have we become that brainwashed and addicted to our phones? It’s like a race now. Doesn’t matter that the unit wouldn’t close until Wednesday anyway, but by golly, while my deer bakes in the warm August sun, I’m gonna log into the website and submit my report! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Newbie2012 said:

So the rule is we have up to 48 hours to report. Yet this morning, not 2 hours after sunrise, the counts were coming in. WTF?

Have we become that brainwashed and addicted to our phones? It’s like a race now. Doesn’t matter that the unit wouldn’t close until Wednesday anyway, but by golly, while my deer bakes in the warm August sun, I’m gonna log into the website and submit my report! 

Yeah those 2 early ones were weird. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, galiuro mountain man said:

I have a question for anyone that went out today.  Does it seem like there is more, less or about the same amount of people hunting?  I just wonder if the limits made more people go.  

I wasn't even out and got no idea but yes 100%

27 minutes ago, galiuro mountain man said:

Im sure there will be a lot of people out now with the “race to tag out” before the unit closes. It’s a whole new dynamic. I rarely went out in August due to the heat, but feel I better get a few days in now. Doubt the unit I’m hunting(very low quota) will ever see a January hunt again. 

11 minutes ago, Sky Island junkie said:

When I said to my dad in the early 80s that I wished I could have grown up in the good old days and he said son these are the good old days! Wow was he right!!

Unit 1 was garbage for deer in the late 90s as far as I know, and there were tons of hunters 

16 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Unit 1 was garbage for deer in the late 90s as far as I know, and there were tons of hunters 

Yeah a lot of tags I’m sure like all over the place. If I remember right something like 2300 Muley tags in unit 8 in the early 80s  Someone will tell me if I’m wrong. Used to be a camp every 50 yards on the main road around Bill Williams mountain but most of those were road hunters that were gone by Sunday afternoon. You could easily get away from them and have an area to yourself. Now you go to the trouble to hike in somewhere up north and there might be an atv drive right in on top of you on a trail that wasn’t there the last time I was 20 years ago. I guess kinda getting off on a different subject!

34 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I can’t speak for unit 1 but as for the units I hunted as a youngster I believe the numbers and quality was a lot higher then and if I only knew then what I know now.....

• Like 2