Sign in to follow this  
CouesFanatic

Archery Kills rolling in already

4 hours ago, bonecollector said:

Let the big guys live and spread their genetics later in the year. 

You make it seem like the road hunters would be able to shoot something big. There is a reason there are so many spikes shots. This buck laid here at 30 yards back in July. You won’t see a mature buck along a road where anybody can shoot them. Takes some effort. 

4D274E0B-E23F-4283-AF6F-A98FB88FE420.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Yuma Outdoorsman said:

Glad you only got a warning and sad you lose your buck. Sounds like you know going off of GOHUNT is not the wise choice and you learned your lesson the hard way. Congrats on successfully stalking a desert mule deer and making a kill shot with a bow. That is a very challenging task. I wish you success in the near future. 

out of curiosity, did they count that towards your legal buck for the season or are you able to go shoot another? 

Did you just congratulate on poaching a deer? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gunthenbow said:

Yes, they did count it. I can't kill another buck to until Jan. 1st. Thank you!

I've learned the hard way a few times myself throughout my life. It's cool they gave you a warning and didn't throw the book at you. I wouldn't post a pic of it in your case but was it a good buck? Hopefully you can get it back when they do the next auction. 

1 minute ago, CatfishKev said:

I've learned the hard way a few times myself throughout my life. It's cool they gave you a warning and didn't throw the book at you. I wouldn't post a pic of it in your case but was it a good buck? Hopefully you can get it back when they do the next auction. 

Not really to most hunters.. Meant a lot to me though!

6 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Did you just congratulate on poaching a deer? 

I’m not gonna jump all over him. He didn’t do it maliciously. I respect him turning himself in and I also respect the skill it takes to shoot a desert buck with a bow. If you wanna go after him and rip him a new one then go ahead.  

• Like 4

Just now, gunthenbow said:

Not really to most hunters.. Meant a lot to me though!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Good luck on your next adventure.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Yuma Outdoorsman said:

I’m not gonna jump all over him. He didn’t do it maliciously. I respect him turning himself in and I also respect the skill it takes to shoot a desert buck with a bow. If you wanna go after him and rip him a new one then go ahead.  

“There was no intent” - James Comey 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, gunthenbow said:

DID I JUST POACH A BUCK 

Yep, you just poached a buck.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Oh lord.  This is gonna take a turn for the worse.  Also here are the current season dates: 

OTC elk 

9/15/22-9/30/22   Units 9,10,23, 3a/3c only.  Rifle with long range capability preferred.  

Oh yeah the OTC bighorn season runs the month of August next year too.  

Why would GoHunt even be worth a call?  That tells me you somehow were still thinking they were to blame for this?  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gunthenbow said:

DID I JUST POACH A BUCK THANKS TO GOHUNT??

Yes and no. YOU poached a buck because you listened to a third party and failed to spend the 2 minutes required to check it out with GnF. Can't blame GOHUNT for getting it wrong. (If in fact they did)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also I might add that you did in fact steal this buck from someone who waited and drew the general season tag in that unit.  Gohunt didn’t steal it, you did.  The fact that they let people buy those antlers back is beyond me.  
I’ve run into countless errors in hunting publications.  I always triple check hunt codes etc from gohunt, epic and huntin fool as they all will say in the fine print they aren’t the rules and are not liable for any errors.  

A lot of people on here who apparently have never made a big mistake. Ive certainly made bigger mistakes in life then accidentally shooting a buck out of season.

Sounds like the guy has remorse and owned up to his mistake, and had the integrity to turn himself in when nobody was forcing him to. And I’d assume he won’t let it happen again.what more do you want from the guy?

yes, big mistake. Yes, should NOT have happened. Yes, it’s his fault not gohunt. But it did happen and it sounds to me like he handled it the best way possible given the crappy position he put himself in. Heck,sounds like the kind of person we need more of in our society instead of all the entitled whiny people with an excuse for everything.

• Like 13

A lot would have not said anything and went about their business. Thanks for self reporting. Wasn't your season dates on your tag?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dustin25 said:

A lot of people on here who apparently have never made a big mistake. Ive certainly made bigger mistakes in life then accidentally shooting a buck out of season.

Sounds like the guy has remorse and owned up to his mistake, and had the integrity to turn himself in when nobody was forcing him to. And I’d assume he won’t let it happen again.what more do you want from the guy?

yes, big mistake. Yes, should NOT have happened. Yes, it’s his fault not gohunt. But it did happen and it sounds to me like he handled it the best way possible given the crappy position he put himself in. Heck,sounds like the kind of person we need more of in our society instead of all the entitled whiny people with an excuse for everything.

Lighten up. The guy asked a question and it was answered. Yes, he poached a deer and I believe it is 100% his fault. Nobody called him a scumbag or said he should go to jail. If GnF is really only going to give him a warning then they feel the same way. It sounds like he is a stand up guy that feels bad about it and will likely never let it happen again. Nobody said they haven't made bigger mistakes but that was not the topic of his post.

By definition, he poached a deer. He may also be the best, nicest, most honest, hard working guy in the state of Arizona but that is for a different thread.

• Like 1