Sign in to follow this  
CouesFanatic

Archery Kills rolling in already

As most of us suspected.. More deer were killed than Agfd had originally thought.  I remember guys always saying what an accomplishment it was to shoot a deer with a bow.  I've never really seen it as a tough task.  Now killing an old mature buck, that's an accomplishment.  Mandatory reporting across all methods of take is the only path forward.  The #'s might be shocking tho...

3 hours ago, Tradman said:

Mechanical arrow flinging devices.

So many hurt shoulders out there archery hunting... Sorry if you can't hunt with a bow, then you can't bow hunt - it's not a right. Hope they ban those stupid things.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

So in theory.....I could still shoot a deer in unit 1 because the official closed date is Wednesday 24th sundown? I mean I know it says...CLOSED....but then the date? 

No theory at all…it’s not closed until sundown on Wednesday. That’s in the regs too…and maybe on GoHunt. 

• Haha 5

Being that anti's can "save a deer" for $80, I don't trust the current call in method of reporting.  Need to modify the mandatory reporting to include carcass inspection by AZGF.

• Love 1

Just now, Swivelhead said:

Being that anti's can "save a deer" for $80, I don't trust the current call in method of reporting.  Need to modify the mandatory reporting to include carcass inspection by AZGF.

I didn’t know it was call in only lol. I thought you had to check them in at azgfd 

51 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I didn’t know it was call in only lol. I thought you had to check them in at azgfd 

What a $hit show!  The "Honor" system? Wtf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swivelhead said:

Would be interesting to see the data after this season. How many first time ever license/OTC tag holders were successful? What was their median age? How soon did they report after opening morning/day? 

And finally: Which unit had the highest percentage of this demographic?

1 hour ago, Newbie2012 said:

Would be interesting to see the data after this season. How many first time ever license/OTC tag holders were successful? What was their median age? How soon did they report after opening morning/day? 

And finally: Which unit had the highest percentage of this demographic?

Do you want to know what color underwear they were wearing too and a picture of their first born? LOL

22 hours ago, Ohthatguy said:

Yes and no. YOU poached a buck because you listened to a third party and failed to spend the 2 minutes required to check it out with GnF. Can't blame GOHUNT for getting it wrong. (If in fact they did)

After a respected member here reached out to me, I did a little checking on the meaning or definition of "poaching" by the AZGFD,  and now it's clear.. as mud...

From AZDFD:

Poaching is the illegal take of game or fish, trespassing, littering, theft or destroying property.    (This is the ONLY definition of poaching I could find)

Also from AZGFD:

Are all violations for unlawful take of wildlife considered “poaching?”

Poaching is considered to be the theft of wildlife resources from the public trust. The term “poaching” carries certain connotations with the public. Unintentional or inadvertent take of wildlife, particularly when self-reported, is not considered poaching. It can be said that, while all poaching is illegal take, not all illegal take is poaching. More simply, poaching isn’t hunting, and hunters are not poachers.

So, on one page it's poaching, on another page, not so much...

A question that did come to mind and about this incident:

Will the civil penalties still apply? 

Also, did they do away with the 4x trophy deer 10K fine? I didn't see it when I was flipping through the regs. I know some of the commissioners didn't like it as their hands were tied. 

The question was asked of us, I would ask the OP, after all the replies and beatings on here, do you feel you poached a deer? 

Either way it's one deer in "one of the 40's" that I won't have the chance to chase later.

4 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Too bad it’s not clearly spelled out in the regs. LoL

3 hours ago, bigorange said:

Too bad it’s not clearly spelled out in the regs. LoL

You think if I showed up to azgfd office with a deer to check in like I thought I was supposed to they would turn me away to use the phone?? I think I would have been ok.

Yall are unhinged now and this has turned into a FB group 

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

That would cost money and well...uh....you know.

• Thanks 1