Sign in to follow this  
andyyy

Side by sides/UTVs

We have to raise the top bunk all the way up and take the bottom bunk out.

Also, my son is a member of some ATV club that does a lot of 2 and 3 day back road trips around the state, they are a bunch of gearheads, they pretty much all drive CanAms.

If the industry is getting away from Belts thats great!!

• Like 1

There are a bunch of cab chops documented on the Honda forums.  I looked at doing it, but it is not super easy.  Best bet is to air down.  I saw most doors were something like 81" and my Pioneer sat at like 79".  

Honda just released a 2 bench seater much like a Polaris Ranger Crew. 1000-6 https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/honda-expands-pioneer-line-with-new-1000-6-deluxe-crew/ar-AA1111mc

I had a Ranger and now have a Honda 1000-5- the quality and workmanship is better with the Honda (IMO).  The Ranger had a few things that were better, but overall the Honda is nicer - except for the heat (it is hotter because of where the motor is- which is a poor design) I have only changed the fluids and air filter once a year so it runs about $150 in maintenance-  

I

I ordered the Honda 1000-5 Forest Edition from Western Honda and just waiting for it to come in. I did the research and Honda hands down comes out on top in my opinion. I've been in other SxS and i know i will be pleased with the Honda. I also took the advice from other members on here and went to Western Honda. Hands down great customer service, no pressure and way better on pricing.

Good luck on you purchase whatever it is. All that matters at the end of the day is that your happy with your choice.

Will

I picked up my 2022 Polaris General 1000 XP 4 seater in February and I am loving it. The ride is so smooth. 

Just started getting into some accessories after breaking it in. Just an amazing machine. 

On 8/23/2022 at 10:41 AM, Coueser said:

Sorry to piggyback on this post a bit did any of you with a Pioneer have to shorten the roof to fit it in a toyhauler?  I would love to get one but I need to either tweak the back bunks on the toyhauler or shorten the roof on the pioneer to get it in.

Let the air out of the tires. It’s not a drastic difference it will do the trick most of the time

• Like 1

Any input on if the pioneer 500 is capable enough for our AZ """roads""" out in the bush? I see most of you guys have the big machines, a small little buggy seems pretty appealing to me though. Less to pull around and just handy looking

58 minutes ago, andyyy said:

Any input on if the pioneer 500 is capable enough for our AZ """roads""" out in the bush? I see most of you guys have the big machines, a small little buggy seems pretty appealing to me though. Less to pull around and just handy looking

I am sure it is plenty capable.  You are going to lose a lot of luxuries the larger one's have tho.  But if you are after a SxS to throw in the bed of a pickup, I think that is the one to get.  Just know that if you put the SxS is the bed of the pickup, you still gotta have room for all your coolers, spare tires, ramps, water and whatever else you bring on trips.  Almost like you still need to bring a small trailer along imo.  In states with 50" trail max, I think the 500 would be awesome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuntHarder said:

I am sure it is plenty capable.  You are going to lose a lot of luxuries the larger one's have tho.  But if you are after a SxS to throw in the bed of a pickup, I think that is the one to get.  Just know that if you put the SxS is the bed of the pickup, you still gotta have room for all your coolers, spare tires, ramps, water and whatever else you bring on trips.  Almost like you still need to bring a small trailer along imo.  In states with 50" trail max, I think the 500 would be awesome.

That's a fantastic point I didn't think about. Also means no truck topper (or deal with taking it on and off). Thanks for the input

Never had a Honda SxS but I do have a Honda Foreman ATV…. Bulletproof!!!  My neighbor owns a big, rocky, rough cattle ranch and owns a couple Rangers and a couple John Deere Gators. These things are tools and get drove everyday hard. One of the Gators has over 13,000 hours on it and very seldom goes down. I like Hondas but those two Gators have been about as reliable as one could get.