Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

What Happened to All the Rain?

7 hours ago, PRDATR said:

That's a good thing. No rain by me except a few drops on friday. I did some food shopping this morning and there was standing water from rain last night about two miles east of me.

You may get your share this evening.

SV been getting it good. I'm still in disbelief to some extent such a crazy monsoon.  To all the deer hunters this year best advice is get high so you can glass downward. Deer are gonna be harder to glass without elevation this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

SV been getting it good. I'm still in disbelief to some extent such a crazy monsoon.  To all the deer hunters this year best advice is get high so you can glass downward. Deer are gonna be harder to glass without elevation this year.

Yep gonna be pretty dense out there this season! Was out this morning checking for water gaps and couldn’t believe the wait a minute had grown 3’ in the last few weeks and grasses were 4-5’ tall in low areas. My eyes were itching and I was wheezing by 9 o’clock but I loved it!

• Like 1

On 8/20/2022 at 7:18 PM, PRDATR said:

Great for the archery deer hunters but I was looking forward to it.

Year to date gauge online says 2.3” for my corner of east Mesa. Pathetic, I’m not surprised though I haven’t hardly seen it rain, best just sprinkles  

We got hammered Thursday night, and more on Friday, a bit on Saturday too.  I thought we were going to get more last night, but just wind and dark clouds all around.

• Like 1

The Gila flooded in Duncan this morning. Heard the Frisco was running good as well. A lot of water is headed into San Carlos. Would love to see that lake fill up again. 

• Like 1

Close to 2" rain last night in Wickenburg. Power poles snapped like toothpicks. The monsoon ain't done yet.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

2 hours ago, Edge said:

Close to 2" rain last night in Wickenburg. Power poles snapped like toothpicks. The monsoon ain't done yet.

Awesome! Not the power pole part but glad that part of the state is still getting some! We’re drying out last week or so which to a dirt worker is welcomed! Never thought I’d be saying that but it was getting to be a pain! Over 16” in a couple months here!

• Like 1