Red Rabbit

Photo of Your Very First Coues

12 minutes ago, Bill@roofer said:

That thing looks like a whitetail and muley mix with the ears and big head.. damb nice looking Buck. Big body 👍

I would say that he was a fairly young deer (3.5) with great potential to be a giant.  Ironically that ear facing the camera is almost 2" larger than the other and his horns are a little willowy.  Being my first coues, I didn't wait for him to grow up any more, he was plenty big enough.

• Like 1

10 years old gut shot from the road 

Walked up to it dad was going to finish it with a knife, didn’t realize it was still THAT alive. It jumped up and stopped about 20 yards away and I took the hair off it’s back. It took off and we had to track it for a little while, jumped it again, went to shoot it off my dads shoulder and I flipped the safety back ON not knowing he flipped it off for me. Tracked it awhile further found it bedded on the opposite side of a small tree. Dad told me to shoot it through the bush you see in the picture. Me being 10 tried to look through the scope and missed it at about 6 feet. Then told to just point the barrel at it and shoot. Finally finished it off.. I’ll never live down missing that deer that close. 

Good memories

A4F5831D-35B3-44D5-982D-097750075077.jpeg

• Like 9

This wall has been shown a few times on this website but it has evolved a little bit over the years.   My first is the one right above the antelope. 

We sold the house and all the mounts in various forms of storage at this time...

0206211313~2.jpg

• Like 9
  • Love 3
  • Wow! 3

10 hours ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

This wall has been shown a few times on this website but it has evolved a little bit over the years.   My first is the one right above the antelope. 

We sold the house and all the mounts in various forms of storage at this time...

0206211313~2.jpg

Dang that's got to be a 20' ceiling.  Hope your new place has a magnificent new wall to make room for future endeavours!

Can’t seem to find a photo of my first one but this was my first archery coues .

95289103-23F9-4E98-B395-D3216194061B.jpeg

• Like 3

On 8/23/2022 at 6:22 PM, Mathews said:

10 years old gut shot from the road 

Walked up to it dad was going to finish it with a knife, didn’t realize it was still THAT alive. It jumped up and stopped about 20 yards away and I took the hair off it’s back. It took off and we had to track it for a little while, jumped it again, went to shoot it off my dads shoulder and I flipped the safety back ON not knowing he flipped it off for me. Tracked it awhile further found it bedded on the opposite side of a small tree. Dad told me to shoot it through the bush you see in the picture. Me being 10 tried to look through the scope and missed it at about 6 feet. Then told to just point the barrel at it and shoot. Finally finished it off.. I’ll never live down missing that deer that close. 

Good memories

A4F5831D-35B3-44D5-982D-097750075077.jpeg

First one is the toughest

• Like 1