Mad Mardigan

Need 120-130 gr 7mm Bullets

Hey Guys, on the hunt for some lighter 7mm bullets for my kids 7mm-08. Not getting great accuracy with anything above 130 grs with a Model Seven lightweight I setup for my kids. Got 2 daughters draw deer tags this year.  Been reloading and trying a bunch of different bullets/powders, only thing that shoots good so far are some 120 gr Nosler Ballistic Tip Hunters. Only have about 20 bullets left, would love to find some more if any of you guys have some.

Been searching on-line, no luck so far.

Thanks!

I’ll dig around.  I used to shoot those back in the pre rangefinder days.  Like 3800fps out of my 7mm STW.  Hold right on them out to 400 and level it on their back at 500!!  
Better bullet would be the 120gr hammer hunters.  Those 120gr ballistic tips are like dynamite.  Not big game bullets.  Hammer hunters are in stock on their website.  Easy to get to shoot good too. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

Those 120gr ballistic tips are like dynamite.  

Yeah, if you're shooting them at 3800 fps LOL.

They've actually got a reputation for being among the most stout of the Nosler BT line.

• Like 1

Yeah, I am getting great accuracy with the 120 Nosler BT at about 2750 fps right now. Sure we could get more speed out of it, but don't have a enough extra to mess with it too much right now.

Thanks, yotebuster! I'll check out the Hammer Hunters

1 minute ago, Mad Mardigan said:

Yeah, I am getting great accuracy with the 120 Nosler BT at about 2750 fps right now. Sure we could get more speed out of it, but don't have a enough extra to mess with it too much right now.

Thanks, yotebuster! I'll check out the Hammer Hunters

I’m getting excellent accuracy at both 2915 fps and 3050 fps.  This is a group I shot two weeks ago.

Let me dig around when I get home.  Would you be open to pulled bullets if I can find them?

9F034101-28AD-4321-B9EA-70754FCE491F.thumb.jpeg.5b4e81cd8c5a4517405828b52b391b48.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1uglydude said:

I’m getting excellent accuracy at both 2915 fps and 3050 fps.  This is a group I shot two weeks ago.

Let me dig around when I get home.  Would you be open to pulled bullets if I can find them?

9F034101-28AD-4321-B9EA-70754FCE491F.thumb.jpeg.5b4e81cd8c5a4517405828b52b391b48.jpeg

Yeah, pulled bullets would be cool with me. Thank you!

120 ballistic tips at 3080 fps in 7mm08 puts elk on the ground, behind the shoulder will pass through or in the shoulder is fine, it's killed coues and mulies. I use it over barnes 120s or 140s. Shoots 1 inch groups at 200yds off my tailgate 'bench'.

I'm on an antelope hunt right now, 1uglydude or I should be able to get you some bullets. I can reimburse him some of mine if he needs it.

Kent 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, krp said:

120 ballistic tips at 3080 fps in 7mm08 puts elk on the ground, behind the shoulder will pass through or in the shoulder is fine, it's killed coues and mulies. I use it over barnes 120s or 140s. Shoots 1 inch groups at 200yds off my tailgate 'bench'.

I'm on an antelope hunt right now, 1uglydude or I should be able to get you some bullets. I can reimburse him some of mine if he needs it.

Kent 

Sweet, I really appreciate it! I bounce between Mesa and Show Low regularly so just let me know what works for you. Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Mad Mardigan said:

What barrel length are you guys getting these velocities with?

20” barrel on a youth sized Tikka…plus a few extra feet per second from the suppressor on the end.

Just got home to check what I have. I’m out of the pulled, but I can part with a bix of new. I should have enough to last until Nosler makes another run.

Check your PMs for my phone number. 

I'm hunting archery antelope around Heber, I came down to take care of a few things and resupply, be headed back up tomorrow. I'll throw a box of bullets in in case you are coming by.

I have a stock Tikka, 22.25, it's a fast barrel though, I literally get published data speeds for a 24in. with H4895/Big game and staball 6.5.

Kent

• Like 1

I have 88 120's for ya. How bout $45.00. I live at Thunderbird and Tatum. Come get if you want em.

Text or call me at 602 two one four 3576.

20220823_132835.jpeg