gunthenbow

DID I JUST POACH A BUCK THANKS TO GOHUNT?

22 minutes ago, bigorange said:

He did ask to hear what other think. He’s getting an overdose of that. On 2 separate threads. LoL

Right he loves attention for this. Even came up with a clickbait title 

11 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Screenshot_20220823-114456_Chrome.jpg

That I didn’t care that his hunter shot a buck laying on the road? Vs the topic at hand. That’s the best you could come up with? that’s funny. You’re something else. That’s nothing compared to shooting a deer out of season.

Correct, I do not care if his hunter shot laying on the road.  Doubt many do. I also highly doubt that’s why he got in trouble. 

• Like 1

Poaching is poaching bud...  admitting you made a mistake and turning yourself in, is better than getting busted by AGFD.  Guy could have easily went a different route and Agfd would be none the wiser.  Still should have been a penalty, but I think a little leniency on self reporting isn't a bad thing. Case by case of course.

8 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Poaching is poaching bud...  admitting you made a mistake and turning yourself in, is better than getting busted by AGFD.  Guy could have easily went a different route and Agfd would be none the wiser.  Still should have been a penalty, but I think a little leniency on self reporting isn't a bad thing. Case by case of course.e

you’re reaching, bud. If you complete the mental gymnastics it takes to liken these 2 instances. We can’t have a conversation. 

not to mention nothing in the other thread was confirmed. I don’t care who shoots laying off the road. Anyone can do that wouldn’t shame them 

• Great Buck! 1

21 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

That I didn’t care that his hunter shot a buck laying on the road? Vs the topic at hand. That’s the best you could come up with? that’s funny. You’re something else. That’s nothing compared to shooting a deer out of season.

Correct, I do not care if his hunter shot laying on the road.  Doubt many do. I also highly doubt that’s why he got in trouble. 

Starting to smell like an armchair quarterback key board hypocrite to me.   According to YOU some laws don't matter and some laws do? That's my read on it.

• Like 2

I once hit a doe instead of the buck. I self reported, met up with G&F who did the same thing, written warning and confiscation of the deer. The only downside was that I was in an area where there was a lake nearby. Since my hunt was over I decided to due some trout fishing. Lo and behold about an hour later I see the same GF Ranger checking fishing licenses. The deer I had shot about 2 hours before was still rolling around in the back of his vehicle. It was fairly warm that day so I questioned myself, does the meat actually make it to a donation/processing place or?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

Starting to smell like an armchair quarterback key board hypocrite to me.   According to YOU some laws don't matter and some laws do? That's my read on it.

I think you have a hard on for me lately.  This thread is not about me. But No I don’t think shooting laying on a road is poaching. I’ll go as far as to say laying on the road would make a nice stable rest and More ethical shot. I think shooting a deer in closed season is poaching. and I think inferring that gohunt has any thing to do with it is absolute cope. 

It’s an honest mistake. Unless you’re name begins with B and ends with Owens. I would say that gohunts article on that is pretty accurate. 

8 hours ago, JBenz63 said:

It’s an honest mistake. Unless you’re name begins with B and ends with Owens. I would say that gohunts article on that is pretty accurate. 

It's really not. Trusting any site that's not AZGFD for hunt regulations is stupid. It's not like the info is hidden. Blaming it on GoHunt is just a way for him to deflect blame.

• Thanks 1