creed

Crossbows

Seems a lot of guys are opposed to crossbows during archery season. I thought it was for disabled guys but I hear claims of just lazy people getting permits. Why doesn’t someone petition the department to get them out of archery hunts? 

this idea is going to go over like a turd in a punch bowl but they are going to have hard numbers on crossbow kills. Give disabled xbow hunters their own season and reduce the archery numbers by that amount. Not gonna change anything since they are already counting it as archery take. 

• Like 1

I will never understand why people feel entitled to hunt during the archery season when the weapon doesn't suit them anymore.

I'd rather approach it by adding opportunity through traditional only seasons. Win win, more hunters hunting, killing less game or the same with WAY more opportunity. Things like Crossbows and Long Range Shooting are hurting our opportunity.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Heat said:

I will never understand why people feel entitled to hunt during the archery season when the weapon doesn't suit them anymore.

I canceled myself out about 5 years ago.

4 minutes ago, Heat said:

Being Handycapped is alot different then being Entitled. I've never met a Handycapped person who felt entitled to be Handycapped. Why should that person be treated any different then you or I.  I'm 60 years old and broken down and old as heck. If I could know longer hunt and enjoy the life I've learned to love. I would know longer feel the need to be here anymore.. that's why these crossbow permits where made available. And know one should take it away or take advantage of the permit..

• Like 2

Big difference between being disabled and not knowing when your number is up. That's we are talking about here.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Heat said:

Big difference between being disabled and not knowing when your number is up. That's we are talking about here.

Who decides? I know my archery days are coming to an end but it’s my decision to decide when not someone else. 

So somebody with one arm that is truly handicap shouldn’t be able to hunt with a crossbow during regular archery season and get the same opportunity everyone else gets? That’s idiotic, and selfish of others to think that they are the only ones that should be archery hunting when there are truly people that can’t use a traditional style bow so they get a crossbow to still do what they once loved to do?

• Like 1

Lady I Know got a pacemaker put in and the DR signed her permit for the X bow. She's not disabled, just never did hunt in the archery season with a bow and arrows until the crossbow became a possibility.

Just now, Heat said:

Lady I Know got a pacemaker put in and the DR signed her permit for the X bow. She's not disabled, just never did hunt in the archery season with a bow and arrows until the crossbow became a possibility.

My opinion That's taking advantage of the permit. The requirements clearly state that you must not be able to pull back your bow anymore. I'm not sure what the poundage of pull you must pull to require a permit. Not really sure what your heart has to do with your arms or shoulder.

I can’t shoot a handgun because I have restless arm syndrome so I should be able to hunt with a rifle during handgun season.  And oh yeah I can’t see well enough to tie on flys so I should be able to use night crawlers in trophy waters.  Oh yeah I can’t take time off work during my hunt so I should be able to hunt whenever I want too and oh yeah I’m too fat to walk so I should be allowed to drive through the woods too.  
I mean really man it’s not a right to hunt every season. If you can’t use the equipment for the season then hunt a different season.  Send a note to the commission to ban xbows and airbows during archery season.   Use them to your hearts content during the general hunts.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jdown said:

I can’t shoot a handgun because I have restless arm syndrome so I should be able to hunt with a rifle during handgun season.  And oh yeah I can’t see well enough to tie on flys so I should be able to use night crawlers in trophy waters.  Oh yeah I can’t take time off work during my hunt so I should be able to hunt whenever I want too and oh yeah I’m too fat to walk so I should be allowed to drive through the woods too.  
I mean really man it’s not a right to hunt every season. If you can’t use the equipment for the season then hunt a different season.  Send a note to the commission to ban xbows and airbows during archery season.   Use them to your hearts content during the general hunts.  

Or Muzzleloader or HAM

1 hour ago, creed said:

Who decides? I know my archery days are coming to an end but it’s my decision to decide when not someone else. 

You decide. But then again we got folks out there who can't decide if they are a boy or a girl so goes to show you how people will convince themselves of anything to justify the means.

My position has never changed. People are taking advantage of a lax set of rules. Some of them generally don't have enough honor to say "when".

Ya'll want to make me out to be the bad guy or the disabled hater, whatever. Anybody that knows me knows that's not the truth so I could care less.

Well me and my brother used shoot bows all the time and go hunting growing up, he got in an accident and only has use of one arm now and can’t shoot a bow, he recently bought a crossbow so we can still hunt together and I’m glad he did, I can’t wait until he kills a deer with it too so I can post it on this website and watch all you idiots with an answer to everything that always think your right about every topic sit and talk shoot about it, you guys aren’t the only ones with opinions, and your opinions aren’t always right, neither are mine, but in some situations when people aren’t taking advantage of it , crossbows are a good thing to keep people that actually love hunting in the field, I am right about that

• Like 5