Cambow

Vortex Optics Truth

7 hours ago, ctafoya said:

I have quite a few Vortex scopes, binos, and spotters. They have never let me down. I also have several NF and Leopold scopes that are WAY clearer. If I had to start over I'd keep the binos and spotters and spend a little more on scopes. 

Yeah... it seems everyone loves their Binos for sure!

On 8/26/2022 at 11:38 AM, FrustratedMonk said:

Do look at the Trijicon Credo and TenMile.

Looking these up now... thanks for the info!

On 8/25/2022 at 8:43 AM, lancetkenyon said:

Something used that was originally in the $2700-3000 range.  Seriously.

I have a Kahles K318i that I got for $2k used. 

I have seen some S&B PMII 5-25x56 DTs for around $2000-$2400 on rare occasions.

Maybe a NF NX8 new.  Either the 2.5-20x50 or the 4-32x50.  

On Lance's recommendation a while back, I finally broke down and got a NF Nx8 ... for me that was breaking down.  So far I love it.  Clear as a bell.  Great reticle.  Good solid clicks to adjust.  Time will tell ... but so far so good.

On 8/26/2022 at 11:38 AM, FrustratedMonk said:

Do look at the Trijicon Credo and TenMile.

Thanks for this recommendation... I think I've decided to give Trijicon a try for my next scope. Stopped by a local dealer and they couldn't say enough good about them! Appreciate the advice!

46 minutes ago, Cambow said:

Thanks for this recommendation... I think I've decided to give Trijicon a try for my next scope. Stopped by a local dealer and they couldn't say enough good about them! Appreciate the advice!

I've never heard anything negative about the company. I have an ACOG I bought about 2014 and have zero qualms with it.

I know it's been awhile... but I thought I would follow-up. I was dead-set on purchasing the Trijicon Ten Mile but I couldn't find one in stock anywhere, so I decided to purchase on Ebay. The evening I went to make the purchase, a new-in-box Leupold LRP in MOA reticle had been posted and I ended up buying it instead since it is what I know.

I did want to mention my experience at Sportsman's Warehouse again. When I originally went in to inquire about the Vortex scopes... the sales guy at the counter literally refused to sell one to me. He said if I wanted to buy a Vortex, he would get me a different sales person. He wanted nothing to do with them... this is why I am still confused at how popular their optics seem to be...??

6 minutes ago, Cambow said:

I know it's been awhile... but I thought I would follow-up. I was dead-set on purchasing the Trijicon Ten Mile but I couldn't find one in stock anywhere, so I decided to purchase on Ebay. The evening I went to make the purchase, a new-in-box Leupold LRP in MOA reticle had been posted and I ended up buying it instead since it is what I know.

I did want to mention my experience at Sportsman's Warehouse again. When I originally went in to inquire about the Vortex scopes... the sales guy at the counter literally refused to sell one to me. He said if I wanted to buy a Vortex, he would get me a different sales person. He wanted nothing to do with them... this is why I am still confused at how popular their optics seem to be...??

People love the warranty. Which is great, because you'll need it.

The guy at Sportsman's made the comment that you will never see a Vortex scope on a hunting show where it is a big trip out of the country because people just don't trust them when it counts. 

1 minute ago, Cambow said:

The guy at Sportsman's made the comment that you will never see a Vortex scope on a hunting show where it is a big trip out of the country because people just don't trust them when it counts. 

Well I've owned only 1 vortex scope ever. It was $800+ quite a few years ago and I had it fail so I'll never own another one. I just thought it was funny that casey said almost the exact same thing back on page 1. I agree 100% with him though. 

1 minute ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

Well I've owned only 1 vortex scope ever. It was $800+ quite a few years ago and I had it fail so I'll never own another one. I just thought it was funny that casey said almost the exact same thing back on page 1. I agree 100% with him though. 

I feel bad for all the people who have paid good money for these optics. They sound like an accident waiting to happen. It would be horrible to have your scope fail when you get that shot you've been working so hard for.

I even had one guy say he would buy the higher end Bushnell scopes over Vortex.

• Like 1