Sign in to follow this  
Yuma Outdoorsman

Carpal Tunnel In Wrists

I spend 90% of my free time from February-September fishing. We have some of the best fishing in the state here on the river in Yuma. Since June, I’ve been battling tingling/numbing in my arms at night. I will wake up and both arms are numb and fingers are like pins and needles. It doesn’t happen every night but a couple Times a week I’ve been dealing with. I was able to get into a Neurologist and she got me an MRI to rule out anything in my head or neck. She also did an EMG and after the EMG, she said it looks like it’s mild carpal tunnel. She said sometimes mild CT will induce more severe symptoms because the nerve works but it’s not 100%. So I’ve gotta get wrist braces and keep them on everyday for 3 months and see if the nerve can heal. 

For those who have carpal Tunnel or have recovered from it, do any braces work or are some better than others? Did your symptoms go away right away or did it take time? Does it ever completely go away? What are some home remedies aside from the wrist braces that you tried that help numbing or pain? 

Thank you ahead of time for the help. I’ve never had anything like this before so when it first started happening I had some panic attacks wondering what was up.

The Pics are a few of the tournaments from down here in Yuma. The reason I’ve developed this crap. 

D29F650E-93FC-45DC-ABDD-96032F6A07DC.jpeg

76EFDB1F-FE88-4E1D-98F5-4EE7FFC69289.jpeg

8C43F82F-A221-4BE6-A34D-99A1C50A43FB.jpeg

3F9C112B-87E4-4B04-8C5A-94AA369B6D90.png

• Like 1

Good luck to you getting fixed up and recovered. My only input is my mom wore a copper magnetic bracelet for years and it didn't make anything worse. I do know it lands more on the gimmick side than proven remedy but the mind is a powerful thing. Stay positive and take care!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CouesPursuit said:

Good luck to you getting fixed up and recovered. My only input is my mom wore a copper magnetic bracelet for years and it didn't make anything worse. I do know it lands more on the gimmick side than proven remedy but the mind is a powerful thing. Stay positive and take care!

I appreciate it. I feel terrible for people who have dealt with this for years. I hope I don’t become one of those fighting it that long. 

I’ve got it pretty bad but just deal with it. Probably need to get the surgery. It is especially bad for a few days following a work day where i am hard on my hands. Makes it hard to sleep when your hands are constantly numb. 

• Like 1

Braces helped and so does vitamin b complex. If you have a chance to fix it I would. Mine actually improved when tested again but the pain/numbness was still there. I also have it in both hands (turning wrenches my whole life). I did surgery on my right hand. Did it help? Yes, but it was painful and took years to get most of my hand strength back. Would I do it again? Probably because sleeping was hard. Still not perfect but way better. Also my hand is pretty big and the cut didn't want to close like it should have (very ugly). I hope it gets better for you.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

I’ve got it pretty bad but just deal with it. Probably need to get the surgery. It is especially bad for a few days following a work day where i am hard on my hands. Makes it hard to sleep when your hands are constantly numb. 

The sleeping has been hit or miss. When your arms are numb and tingling it’s hard to sleep for sure. Last night was the worse it’s been but I was moving 40-50lb bags of seed around in my warehouse yesterday and it caught up to me. 

28 minutes ago, Lucafu1 said:

Braces helped and so does vitamin b complex. If you have a chance to fix it I would. Mine actually improved when tested again but the pain/numbness was still there. I also have it in both hands (turning wrenches my whole life). I did surgery on my right hand. Did it help? Yes, but it was painful and took years to get most of my hand strength back. Would I do it again? Probably because sleeping was hard. Still not perfect but way better. Also my hand is pretty big and the cut didn't want to close like it should have (very ugly). I hope it gets better for you.

Thanks for the advice. I will look into getting some Vitamin B Complex. Anything to help. She said she doesn’t think surgery is needed but we will see how things go. It’s the weirdest thing in the world waking from a dead sleep with both arms numb and hands tingling. 

There is also the nerve in the elbow (what you call the funny bone) that gets messed up too. That effects the arm, ring finger, and pinky. Yeah that vitamin complex (6 and 12 i think for nerves) was recommended and helped.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2022 at 3:40 PM, Lucafu1 said:

There is also the nerve in the elbow (what you call the funny bone) that gets messed up too. That effects the arm, ring finger, and pinky. Yeah that vitamin complex (6 and 12 i think for nerves) was recommended and helped.

Thank you! 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2022 at 2:07 PM, Yuma Outdoorsman said:

I spend 90% of my free time from February-September fishing. We have some of the best fishing in the state here on the river in Yuma. Since June, I’ve been battling tingling/numbing in my arms at night. I will wake up and both arms are numb and fingers are like pins and needles. It doesn’t happen every night but a couple Times a week I’ve been dealing with. I was able to get into a Neurologist and she got me an MRI to rule out anything in my head or neck. She also did an EMG and after the EMG, she said it looks like it’s mild carpal tunnel. She said sometimes mild CT will induce more severe symptoms because the nerve works but it’s not 100%. So I’ve gotta get wrist braces and keep them on everyday for 3 months and see if the nerve can heal. 

For those who have carpal Tunnel or have recovered from it, do any braces work or are some better than others? Did your symptoms go away right away or did it take time? Does it ever completely go away? What are some home remedies aside from the wrist braces that you tried that help numbing or pain? 

Thank you ahead of time for the help. I’ve never had anything like this before so when it first started happening I had some panic attacks wondering what was up.

The Pics are a few of the tournaments from down here in Yuma. The reason I’ve developed this crap. 

D29F650E-93FC-45DC-ABDD-96032F6A07DC.jpeg

76EFDB1F-FE88-4E1D-98F5-4EE7FFC69289.jpeg

8C43F82F-A221-4BE6-A34D-99A1C50A43FB.jpeg

3F9C112B-87E4-4B04-8C5A-94AA369B6D90.png

Awesome! I don’t get to bass fish near as much as I want to but when my wrists used to start giving me fits I started throwing the dd22 and that was just what the dr ordered!😂 Nice Colorado River bass! 

• Haha 1

I had it real bad in my right wrist. I wore a brace for 7 months to show no improvement. Had several nerve test by 3 Doctors. ( workman's comp issue) and finally they did the surgery and my hand felt better that night after surgery than it had in months. I would say get it done sooner than later if its hurting and causing you loss of sleep. Funny story: my wife woke me up one night and asked what the heck are you doing? I told her I was sleeping. I was laying on my back with my had straight up in the air and didn't even realize it. Good luck if you want the Dr. info let me know ill pm to you.

• Like 1

Are you a side sleeper? Depending what work I'm  doing I'll wake up to a dead arm, flip over and wake up to a dead arm a few hours later, good times. 

• Like 2