Sign in to follow this  
Sneaker

Post them up!

Why doesn’t anyone post their successful hunts any more? There’s got to be dozens of active members that have arrowed a buck this year already right? Those of us that haven’t been able to hunt yet or haven’t killed promise to behave and only respond with positive comments, right guys?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bigorange said:

Looking at the “scoreboard” thread it sounds like only spikes are being killed by road hunters. 😁

That must be why no posts, everyone is ashamed of themselves lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sneaker said:

Why doesn’t anyone post their successful hunts any more? There’s got to be dozens of active members that have arrowed a buck this year already right? Those of us that haven’t been able to hunt yet or haven’t killed promise to behave and only respond with positive comments, right guys?

Seems like people used to always write a report when they killed but they are few and far between now. I always enjoy seeing photos of success. 

• Like 1

I think its becuase there is always someone starting or talking chit about there kill or hunt pics.  People are a$$holes now days

• Like 23

1 hour ago, Sneaker said:

That must be why no posts, everyone is ashamed of themselves lol.

Well could be, and it is something to chuckle about.  On a more serious note, I recall from something I read, or some conversation I had with a WM or biologist somewhere, that in reality, the animals you want to cull are the spikes.  A deer with quality genetics, will be a fork by the first hard-antlered season (about age 1 1/2 yrs.), and has potential to be a nice heavy buck upon reaching maturity.  The spikes will be a below average buck throughout their life. 

So we should all thank the guys who are removing the genetically inferior deer!  They get to hunt and be in the outdoors, and have some tender meat in the freezer.  And someday, some of us might get to see some wallhangers in that unit.  Win - win.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, forepaw said:

Well could be, and it is something to chuckle about.  On a more serious note, I recall from something I read, or some conversation I had with a WM or biologist somewhere, that in reality, the animals you want to cull are the spikes.  A deer with quality genetics, will be a fork by the first hard-antlered season (about age 1 1/2 yrs.), and has potential to be a nice heavy buck upon reaching maturity.  The spikes will be a below average buck throughout their life. 

So we should all thank the guys who are removing the genetically inferior deer!  They get to hunt and be in the outdoors, and have some tender meat in the freezer.  And someday, some of us might get to see some wallhangers in that unit.  Win - win.

Off the top of my head, I believe this fallacy has been misproven time and time again.

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, Adicted said:

I think its becuase there is always someone starting or talking chit about there kill or hunt pics.  People are a$$holes now days

Exactly 👍 unfortunately  Aholes have taken the fun and enjoyment out of everything.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, az300wby said:

Buck i purchased on Craigslist for $400 bucks.

Deer (2).jpg

That's a dream buck.. why would anyone want to sell such a trophy??? I damb sure couldn't.. the wife and kids would go first....😂 

Anyway nice find .. 

• Like 1