Sign in to follow this  
creed

Anyone got an 8 archery tag?

I heard it was a rough hunt. No bugling, hot  and water everywhere. But that’s just from the one co worker I talked to.  

2 minutes ago, grey curse said:

I heard it was a rough hunt. No bugling, hot  and water everywhere. But that’s just from the one co worker I talked to.  

Your coworker speaks the truth. I got my butt handed to me.

• Like 1

Should be plenty of good bulls on the late hunt.  We had a great few weeks, will get some pictures posted soon. Was just wondering how the rest of the unit was. 

• Like 2

Saw bulls everyday just couldn’t get close for a shot! It was warm & the ground was dry & crunchy. Bugling was non existent where we were. Hunted hard for 10 days & had a great time even though I ate tag soup. Definitely got schooled by elk for sure. It was an awesome time!!

Good bugling the last few days of the hunt in morning and evening(one day they bugled till almost noon) .  My buddy got it done last few minutes of light on last day.  Definitely tough before that.  AZGFD needs to push that hunt back towards the end of September.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, G_E_E said:

Good bugling the last few days of the hunt in morning and evening(one day they bugled till almost noon) .  My buddy got it done last few minutes of light on last day.  Definitely tough before that.  AZGFD needs to push that hunt back towards the end of September.

The Rut always has been different every year and people have been trying to figure it out for generations. I can remember past years when people posted there was very little and sporadic bugling. I was in Pine last weekend and the neighborhood 6X was bugling from 4PM to 10AM. 

At 9MA I was on the Colcord Rd and heard a bull at 9AM so you just never know. 

5 hours ago, G_E_E said:

They need to cut the tags in half in that unit.

• Like 3

On 10/4/2022 at 8:48 PM, trphyhntr said:

No bugling 10 days in september? 

They would bugle about 1/2 hour in the morning & evening they started about 1/2 hour before dark. It was tough where we were, but can’t complain I had 10 days solid hunting & saw elk everyday & bulls everyday. Just couldn’t get it done.

• Like 1

Here’s a few of the 8 bulls that I was fortunate enough to help out on this year.  We had some awesome hunters that could all get it done when the pressure rose.  Happy hunting.  

D7700397-69D6-476A-A233-683B5177F90F.jpeg

A57BB9CC-3355-4B7C-9B1D-64E6B2B7E7CF.jpeg

03946410-0DD6-4B58-B24E-1594F4084591.jpeg

2A4F52D6-D79F-4B5E-8072-467C83132747.jpeg

• Like 6