Sign in to follow this  
lionhunter

Info for 36-c Dec. tag????

I am new to this sight, but I am sure it is full of very knowledgable hunter. ( Now that I am done kissing up) I am wondering if anyone has spent much time looking/ hunting in 36-c????? I have the Dec tag, and was currious as to how it is looking??? Number of deer, antler growth as compared to other years etc.

Any info would be appriciated.

Thanks.

I had this tag in Dec '03. I hunted Las Moras canyon because I just knew thats's where the 'big one' was. It's a 1 to 1.5 hour hike and there's an old abandoned water tank on the top (east side). I passed on 3 bucks in this area - but I know there's still a big one in there. A beautiful area to hunt - a few foreigners walking north and lots of helicopters flying over head. Also, it is tough to hunt the mesquite flats at the east base of the hills, but there are quite a few deer there. They might be avoiding the lions. Did I forget to mention I went home empty handed? Still one of my most memorable hunts. Enjoy!!!!

If you don't mind walking a bit try getting behind Schafer Camp on the Santa Margarita. You can park right at the camp and hike from there. Also on the southwest side of Mildred peak (also on the Santa Margarita) there is a old cement dam. This is also a walk but lots of great deer country, well worth the walk.

Good Luck

Great to see others helpin folks out. But please PM messages privately to eachother rather than posting it up for all to see. you maybe giving information that someone else hunts to. Dont wanna show up to your spot and realize anyone on the World wide web can go to your spot now, not just CWT members and friends. ......but while im posting.....take these guys advice.

Great to see others helpin folks out. But please PM messages privately to eachother rather than posting it up for all to see. you maybe giving information that someone else hunts to. Dont wanna show up to your spot and realize anyone on the World wide web can go to your spot now, not just CWT members and friends. ......but while im posting.....take these guys advice.

Fair enough coueschaser, I am still new to this posting thing. I just have not seen to many people back in those areas. But you are right it should not be out there for all eyes to see.

DD, believe me from personal experience... You are more than welcome to post it up, but keepin in mind several thousand people have access to what you have written. There are TONS of E-scouters here who come just for that.

If you want to continue not seeing anyone in those places, send PM's. All of this is up to you...

DD, believe me from personal experience... You are more than welcome to post it up, but keepin in mind several thousand people have access to what you have written. There are TONS of E-scouters here who come just for that.

If you want to continue not seeing anyone in those places, send PM's. All of this is up to you...

Thanks for the info guys! I did not really expect "hot spots" to hunt; just looking for a overall view into how things are looking down there this year, but thank you very much for the info.

Azcathunter

Thanks for the info guys! I did not really expect "hot spots" to hunt; just looking for a overall view into how things are looking down there this year, but thank you very much for the info.

Azcathunter

Hey azcathunter, enjoy your hunt in 36C, this is my faviorate coues section in all Arizona. It is a small unit but packed with great deer country. I guess I started a hot topic with specific areas, sorry everybody my mistake. I dont k now how much time you have but if you put in your time there is some un-real genetics in that unit. I am truly jealous.