Sign in to follow this  
SpotNStalk

Optics Planet what a joke

Its not just Optics Planet.

I ordered kitchen appliances from Home depot in March of 2020 and got them in June of 2021

1 hour ago, SpotNStalk said:

An order I placed 11/18/2020 just shipped !! Actually forgot about it. 

Curious what the backorder was for. That's a long freaking time!

I am the purchaser for our maintenance department and I can testify to shortages and lead times like no one has seen before. The New world we live in ( AKA Built Back Better)!

• Like 1

I was pissed at Optics Planet for saying some 143 ELDX were in stock in August 2020 and not shipping my 5 boxes until Februrary 2022. Turns out it was a blessing in disguise because the bullets went from $0.34 to $0.56 per piece and they honored the OG price. Could have been worse, wish I could have done the same with some primers!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Hunterjohnny said:

I am the purchaser for our maintenance department and I can testify to shortages and lead times like no one has seen before. The New world we live in ( AKA Built Back Better)!

We ordered some Access Cards from Honeywell and they are a year out. I ordered some multi-tap low voltage transformers and they are 11 months out. Variable Frequency Drives are 3-6 months out. Fun times.

I wish they would ship all of my old orders. You probably save some money. When they do ship the honor their prices. I like optics planet. 

I ordered some .357 ammo last January for my HAM hunt that I am still waiting on.  Almost forgot about it until I read this.  Now I need to look back through my records to find out where I ordered from.

one of our air conditioners at the restaurant went down, we called every company here in scottsdale and the wait was 9 monthsfor a comercial ac, we got lucky and find a guy in mesa thathad one.

but it is crazy , we can't find glasses or silver ware, there is always a wait, liquor and wine there is a lot of out of stock. 

Except with optics planet their terrible service has nothing to do with covid or shortages. This has been their modus operandi for many many years. If you search their website, they have EVERTYHING you could ever want, yet they have ZERO actually in stock. They don't tell you this until AFTER you try to buy something.

They are not a store, they are a broker. They take your order then find it for you....eventually, maybe.

• Like 1