Sign in to follow this  
SpotNStalk

Optics Planet what a joke

With Secretary Buttigieg safely back from Maternity leave, overseas products should be pouring back through our ports.

• Like 1

I have heard similar but never had the patience to experience the 1-2 year wait thing. I never order anything from them that I want in a hurry. They did short me an item in an order once and I was sure I would get the run around when it was taking a week to answer emails but they were cool in taking my word that the box was in perfect condition but I was short a quantity of one item. They sent the missing item promptly. I agree that "in stock" should mean "in stock" and they miss out on a lot of my business for the fact that their interpretation is a little different but they wouldn't still be in business if they simply charged and didn't deliver.

Guess I'm old school, but Optics Planet used to be a great place to buy from. I have noticed that lately they sell everything under the sun so maybe it's true that they're acting more as an intermediary now. 

I had turbos in order for several customers. Factory went under during covid. Had to re-tool a new factory. Almost 2 year wait. Most of our new parts are months to years. Used to get pissed but now I just find a parking spot and a loaner car.