Sign in to follow this  
Green Bullet

Tag question

Let’s say I drew a spring shotgun turkey tag and didn’t fill my tag.  Given I paid for that tag can I use that shotgun tag for an OTC archery hunt in the fall (same year)?

same scenario can happen with early deer tag rifle and OTC in December (as another example)?

33 minutes ago, Green Bullet said:

Let’s say I drew a spring shotgun turkey tag and didn’t fill my tag.  Given I paid for that tag can I use that shotgun tag for an OTC archery hunt in the fall (same year)?

same scenario can happen with early deer tag rifle and OTC in December (as another example)?

The spring tag is unit and date specific. So no

2 hours ago, Green Bullet said:

Not same tag. You’d have the draw tag for rifle and then could have a separate OTC tag. Still limit 1 deer per year between the 2 tags. That’s the same scenario for turkey…could have a draw tag and OTC but same limit for the year. 

17 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Buncha noobs. One tag+white out=endless seasons

My phone is already covered with whiteout…how will that work with my e-tags? 😂

• Like 1

I agree with everyone that each hunt stands on its own. So, the answer is "no."

But it's fun to keep the old unfilled tags in your vehicle and, after being field checked by the wildlife manager (aka, game warden), pull them out and ask "Hey, I didn't fill these tags. Can you go ahead and process my refund here or do I need to go to a Game & Fish office?"  That joke always kills.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jimmer Negamanee said:

I agree with everyone that each hunt stands on its own. So, the answer is "no."

But it's fun to keep the old unfilled tags in your vehicle and, after being field checked by the wildlife manager (aka, game warden), pull them out and ask "Hey, I didn't fill these tags. Can you go ahead and process my refund here or do I need to go to a Game & Fish office?"  That joke always kills.

You’ve been checked in the field? 

• Like 3

I’ve been checked a couple times. Guess I’m lucky. Once for antelope, twice for elk, once for turkey, dove and quail. Always enjoy chatting with the WM. 

• Like 1