Sign in to follow this  
kazpilot25

Bugling?

My son has a 5BS tag- on opening day - good bugles in the morning - son had a 6x6 at 40 but he feed the wrong way (towards us,  busted us ) had a spike at 15 yds (pass) chased a few more - shut down at 7:30 am. In the afternoon two guys beat us to our water hole and shot a bull (we set up our blind in the morning but they sat in a natural blind- they alerted us as we were walking in , we backed out and they killed- we heard the crashing).  few bugles right at dark. 

Saturday - sparse bugles in the morning -  managed to get 60 yds from a nice bull but needed to close the final 10 and got busted- bulls shut down around 7, but it began to rain and they started again, once the rain stoped the bulls stopped.  ABSOLUTELY NOTHING SAT night - not a peep - we ran into 3 groups of hunters around Pine MTN- one of the worst evenings ever- and I have had some terrible evenings... 

Sunday (this) morning- decent bugles, we were in the cedars - got close to a bull but no shot - then the elk moved on.   later we ran into 2 sets of hunters.  

We came home - my son is a is a freshman at UA can't miss but one class and we chose next week as the one class to miss. 

Mosquitoes are absolutely horrible - opening day I wore one layer and they bit me through my hat  and shirt, applied 100% deet -as I sweated it must of washed off- torn us UP!  I probably was bit 100 times... no joke. Sat and today wore two shirts and carried bug spray with me and sprayed it on multiple times. 

We will be up Thursday and will have 4-5 days to get one down.  Good luck 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Redman said:

My son has a 5BS tag- on opening day - good bugles in the morning - son had a 6x6 at 40 but he feed the wrong way (towards us,  busted us ) had a spike at 15 yds (pass) chased a few more - shut down at 7:30 am. In the afternoon two guys beat us to our water hole and shot a bull (we set up our blind in the morning but they sat in a natural blind- they alerted us as we were walking in , we backed out and they killed- we heard the crashing).  few bugles right at dark. 

Saturday - sparse bugles in the morning -  managed to get 60 yds from a nice bull but needed to close the final 10 and got busted- bulls shut down around 7, but it began to rain and they started again, once the rain stoped the bulls stopped.  ABSOLUTELY NOTHING SAT night - not a peep - we ran into 3 groups of hunters around Pine MTN- one of the worst evenings ever- and I have had some terrible evenings... 

Sunday (this) morning- decent bugles, we were in the cedars - got close to a bull but no shot - then the elk moved on.   later we ran into 2 sets of hunters.  

We came home - my son is a is a freshman at UA can't miss but one class and we chose next week as the one class to miss. 

Mosquitoes are absolutely horrible - opening day I wore one layer and they bit me through my hat  and shirt, applied 100% deet -as I sweated it must of washed off- torn us UP!  I probably was bit 100 times... no joke. Sat and today wore two shirts and carried bug spray with me and sprayed it on multiple times. 

We will be up Thursday and will have 4-5 days to get one down.  Good luck 

Good report. Been wondering how things have been going. Good luck next weekend!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Newbie2012 said:

Good report. Been wondering how things have been going. Good luck next weekend!

Thanks it was hard to leave the MTN with an evening to hunt, but it has been terrible in the evening- could have sat water which is very deadly... but decided to come homw- no need to get home at 11p-12 with school and work tomorrow.. if we killed would have been a rodeo. 

Next week we give it heck! 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

pretty nice lane he walked into. 

Awesome video. Hoping you didn't get lost and panic. Lol

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

What are you talking about?

Sorry for the confusion, thought you were on that thread. Thread on satellite communication, Daniel Boone 

Great videos

8 minutes ago, Edge said:

Thread on satellite communication, Daniel Boone 

Ahh I didn’t see that thread till just now. Luckily I was only like 250 yards from the truck 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Bugling was dead in 8 where we were. Heard 1 bugle Thursday night, nothing Friday, or Saturday. 2 Sunday morning & 1 Sunday night. Came home today to work & going back up Thursday night until I connect or run out of season. Good luck to all.

• Like 1