Sign in to follow this  
D4HighDesert

30-30 and 45 long colt reloading suggestions

Well the family and I finally got around to the bitter task of parsing some of my grandpas things this weekend after his passing last year. I ended up with a his Model 94 30-30 and an 1873 single action army revolver replica in 45 long colt. I used ogle these guns in the cabinet as a kid and Id like to do well by them now by shooting both regularly. I am just looking for some common loads or materials that do well for others loading these calibers. The 30-30 is going to be used for coues deer so Id like to get a quicker, flat load that has decent accruacy to 300 yards or so. The 45 will be a range gun so I am just hoping to save some cost by reloading, if that's even possible anymore. Any insight is appreciated. I have found info elsewhere on the web but would like to hear from CWT and the search bar didn't bring up much. Thank you.

Randy 

The 30-30 and flat load out to 300 yards just doesn't work. You can load some 110's and 3031 to punch paper and get some faster velocities. Unless it has a vernier peep sight or a scope mount the buckhorn sights are going to limit you to 150 yards.

The 160 Leverolution supposedly can be sighted in at 200 and is 12" low at 300 being 3" high at 100. The 30-30's ballistic twin is the 7.62x39. I have a decent supply of 30-30 if you make it over to the east valley you can try.

I know I have at least one 30-30 in the safe and probably have some 45LC around too.

I really appreciate the info. Maybe I am better off just finding a decent factory load it likes. Thank you for taking the time to respond. 

I load 30 grains of 3031 with a 150g round nose soft point. Shoots great out to 100

• Like 1

6 - 6.5gr Red Dot and 250gr cast is what I shoot out of my 45 Colt clone

• Like 1